Frustrating day at the range

At first the rings were okay but when I took them off things went to hell, I wish I would have made the switch much sooner. By the way Bassasdaindia, how are you enjoying your cz 550 in 404 Jeffrey? Gorgeous looking rifle!

I got the Alaska arms rings installed, so a trip to the range will be in order very soon haha. I can't say enough about alaska arms, I ordered the rings and I ordered a set of the low rings by accident, within 3 hours of placing my order, Morris, the owner of the company, called me personally and said before he shipped my order that those mounts would be too low for the bolt to clear the objective bell on standard scope setups and changed my order to the correct ones. Talk about stellar customer service! I continue to be amazed by the folks at Alaska arms and can't recommend them enough! I will post once I get out to the range

Glad it's working out for you. I'd really like to know what the root of the problem with the Warnes was. As mentioned I have them and no problems, but I'd like to know what to look out for.

Thanks Phoenix Phil, I am going to pursue the issue and look into it further, I would like to find out the cause as well, I will keep you posted

At first the rings were okay but when I took them off things went to hell, I wish I would have made the switch much sooner. By the way Bassasdaindia, how are you enjoying your cz 550 in 404 Jeffrey? Gorgeous looking rifle!

I am really enjoying my 404 Jeff , although I have not hunted with the rifle yet . The rifle is a pleasure to shoot and I find as well that each time I reload that the brass works so well.

I plan to use the rifle next year as much as possible .

regards

Quick update for everyone, I'll be able to get out to the range this weekend to see if my scope issues are resolved! I have been looking extensively at the warne rings and can't find any cracks or defects in the rings. I think I'm going to have them sent to warne for them to look at them and go from there.

Voodooracer, thanks for the update, i have a set of Warne QD rings on my CZ 550 .375 and no issues so far ... curious as to what went wrong?

No problem! It seems like quite a few folks have them and haven't had any trouble with them, maybe my set are one of the few defective ones. I am going to talk to warne and have them look at them

I jut got back from the range and everything seems to have gone back to normal and my accuracy is back to where it was when I first sighted the gun in! It's grouping right around an inch when I do my part and is doing so consistently.

Did you get new rings?

Yes, I went with the Alaska arms qd rings

Yes, I went with the Alaska arms qd rings

Great - thought I recalled that, but obviously didn't go back far enough in the thread. Glad it worked out!!!

Glad to see your back on track. Let us know if Warne has anything to say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg