From South Dakota to South Africa

Mike in SD

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Heading over for my first time to hunt plains game in just over a month. Been checking in on this site for a few months. Just amazed at all the useful info I've read here. It has definitely helped me to prepare better for my upcoming trip. Cheers! Mike.

Welcome to the forum Mike, Hope you have an amazing first trip!

Regards

Welcome!

Enjoy every second!

Welcome Mike! Give us some info: where are you going, who with, & what is top of the list?
Regards,
Philip

Greetings from one Vikings fan to another!

welcome to AH, have a blast

Welcome Mike, look forward to your report when you get back!

Welcome to AH Mike! Glad to hear that our community was of help for your upcoming hunt. Hope you will share your trip with us upon your return...

.............. Been checking in on this site for a few months. Just amazed at all the useful info I've read here. It has definitely helped me to prepare better for my upcoming trip. Cheers! Mike.

Pay your taxes when you get back and write that hunting report. Lots of pictures. Have a great time.

Welcome to AH, Mike!

Welcome to AH. Have a great trip.

upload_2015-6-25_13-12-22.jpeg

Welcome to AH from ND!

Welcome Mike! Give us some info: where are you going, who with, & what is top of the list?
Regards,
Philip

My wife's parents are going with me. They went 12 years ago and when they asked me if I wanted to go with them this time, I knew I wasn't going to pass it up. Yes, my wife was invited but she decided to opt out and said I could go to SA if I took her someplace with a beach next time, haha.

We're going to the Limpopo province, just north of Polokwane. I am hunting kudu, gemsbok, waterbuck, impala, zebra, blue wildebeest, common duiker, warthog, and common springbok to start with. My FIL is hunting buffalo and some plains game. Hope things go well and will report when I get back.

Welcome Mike, have a great hunt! I head out on my first this September.

Mike

Welcome to AH,,I hope you have better luck than than the Viqueens did last season

Hay Mike,
Welcome to AH.
Where is SD are you, I'm in Aberdeen.
BEWARE, Africa is addicting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.