From SE Texas!!

Bowhica

Reaction score
Member of
Oilman's Archery Classic - Benefiting St. Jude's
A friend of mine recently bid on an African 2 man hunt with Theron Safaris over in Mozambique and won it. He called me and asked if I would share this potentially amazing trip with him. I took the day and considered the impacts financially. My beautiful bride fianlly told me I would be crazy to pass up an opportunity like this trip and would work 8 days a week to help pay for the trip if needed. So, Africa here we come!!!

Ty and I both hunt in Texas for native game, with an occasional hunt on private ranches for exotics. But from what I've seen online.....we haven't seen ANYTHING like what we have planned for April 2017!! We both plan to bowhunt all of our target animals.

I would like to apologize ahead of time for all the questions that have already been asked on the forum. But due to my limited African vocabulary, I probably phrased the question or search term wrong and didn't get the result I was after.

Last of the Bowhicans

Ask away
Welcome to AH

Howdy!

Enjoy the planning.

Welcome fellow bow hunter! Glad to have you aboard. This site had everything you need, and the search function works well. Enjoy!

Welcome aboard! Lots of knowledge and experience to draw from on this site!

welcome. You've definitely come to the right place! Friendliest internet forum I've ever encountered

Congrats on the opportunity! If you are bowhunting, make sure you study the shot placement charts on here or Dr. Robertson's the perfect shot. Enjoy the planning!

Welcome Bowhican!

Welcome to AH. I look forward to hearing about the planning, enjoy the process!

Howdy neighbor, welcome to AH. When not in Saudi working I'm usually in Texas City or Nacogdoches.

Howdy neighbor, welcome to AH. When not in Saudi working I'm usually in Texas City or Nacogdoches.

I live in Katy, but I'm currently working North of Pecos on a gas plant. What's a guy got to do to work in Saudi?! What's your role in the UAE?

Welcome to AH... you will get answers and more to every question asked on this site... enjoy the planning and most of all, enjoy the first African hunt!!

welcome to AH,

Welcome to AH! It is a great site, glad to have you here.

Welcome, you'll get a lot of good, first hand info here.

I live in Katy, but I'm currently working North of Pecos on a gas plant. What's a guy got to do to work in Saudi?! What's your role in the UAE?
Our particular project is starting to scale back but Aramco is always hiring. I also constantly run into drilling crews flying back and forth that work 28 on and 28 off along with guys that work for oilfield service company's. Try Nabors Drilling and Haliburton.

A bow hunt in Moz? That is a tough environment to try to with a bow - particularly for a first safari. Looking at their site, it would appear that their bow hunting concession is near Pretoria. Was the hunt sold as a bow hunt or as a hunt in Moz and you are planning to take a bow rather than a rifle?

Anyway, welcome to the site - you'll find some great information here and informed opinion.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg