freedom fighter poachers in CAR

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by observe, May 8, 2013.

1. observe

observe CONTRIBUTOR AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Assosiation of SA, Bowhunting, SAGA, Provincial Heavy caliber target shooting teams, Bisley qualified, Army sharpshooter rifle & pistol qualified, ...
    Hunted:
    R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
    Seleka rebels currently shooting left and right in Dzanga-Ndoki National Park, the most important Elephant refuge area in Central African Republic. By rebels we actually mean armed poachers pretending to be freedom fighters as usual, up to killing both people and wildlife indiscriminately. Guess what, it is not PETA and the Humane Society that will patrol the parks in the end but is the hunting outfitters, their tracker teams and the rangers doing it. Here is more on the story:
    :mad::mad::mad:
    Seleka Rebels Invade Dzanga-Ndoki National Elephant Park In Alleged Poaching Attempt
  2. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    Here's hoping the South Africa Defence Force working in CAR can have an impact on these crooks.
  3. DOC-404

DOC-404 AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
    ..I was a soldier, in the bush, for close on fourteen years, Wayne..these guys can hardly tell the difference between their own arses and a hole in the ground..! There will never be enough good men or funds to make any impact on poaching.
  4. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    I couldn't agree more! The real problem with decreased wildlife populations in Africa is "farming" and poaching, it's not hunting.