Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
KZN Hunters
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Tanzania
1.JPG2.JPG5.JPG6.JPG3.JPG4.JPG7.1.JPG7.JPG8.jpg

Lake Safaris can again proudly offer FREE RANGE NYALA hunting in South Africa for 2014.

The 2013 season produced some very exciting hunts with some excellent Bulls hunted. My last hunt of the season with my friend and booking agent Terry Wagner ended on a high note with sightings of 31 Nyala Bulls on the first day - very encouraging for future hunts! A combination of perfect hunting conditions contributed to this high volume, which is why it is always important to allocate enough time. Weather and ground conditions influence success on this species, not to mention a little of the old saying "I would rather be lucky than good"

I have exclusive hunting rights to the Nyala quota for 2014 again, which is limited to 8 trophy Bulls to ensure sustainability. There are also Grey Duiker, Impala, Bushbuck, Southern Reedbuck and Kudu, although Kudu sightings tend to only happen when you are not looking for one :)

The hunting area is 2 hours drive from Durban Airport in the Province of KwaZulu-Natal. It comprises approximately 20 000 acres with no fencing in traditional rural Zulu country. Certainly the finest FREE RANGE NYALA hunting I am able to offer in a modern country in modern day times!

The camp is rustic but has all the necessary comforts. Beds, clean linen, flushing toilet, hot water, friendly camp staff and good home cooked food and drinks are supplied.

The Outfitter is Trevor Lake of Lake Safaris. Early bookings are given preference to personally hunt with me. If I am not available you will hunt with one of my PH's who I have personally trained to hunt this rugged area, which is most certainly a specialized hunt.

The hunt can be extended or customized to continue hunting other areas and species.

Daily Rate $450 per day 1x1 and $425 per day 2x1 (minimum 5 days).

Includes:

Accommodation, Meals and Drinks (local wines and spirits, beers and beverages)
PH with 4x4 hunting vehicle
Trackers and Skinners
Field preparation of trophies
Vat Tax @ 14%

Excludes:

Arrival day @ $250 per person
Tips for camp staff
Trophy delivery to Taxidermist in JHB @ $300
Taxidermy and shipping

Trophy Fees:

Nyala $1950
Kudu $1950
Bushbuck $950
Southern Reedbuck $900
Impala $425
Grey Duiker $400

To
AH members. I hunted with Trevor Lake in 2011 and had a better than expected time.

Trevor operated out of different camps if you elect to take a longer safari, however no matter what camp he selects Trevor works to get you the very best trophy you can find. When he asks you to turn down 26 to 28 inch Nyala's, because Trevor says can do better, you will, the Nyala are there and some days you will see a lot of Nyala to look over, and other days a few as they are hard to spot sometimes.

This is a great location for Free range - Good to excellent Nyala.

I will be there in 2014 for a great time.

I would like to do this hunt someday, I'm putting it on the bucket list!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross