Free Hunt for Two Hunters from HartzView Hunting Safaris for 2011

Discussion in 'FREE Hunts & Giveaways' started by Hartzview Hunting Safaris, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Jim Rea

Jim Rea AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC, NRA, WVBA
    Hunted:
    U.S.A., Canada, South Africa, & Namibia
    [​IMG]

This is the ten point I killed after returning from Africa in 2006. What a year I had. Later I'll post a picture of the Arizona Mountain Lion that I called in to 18 yards and shot with my 44 mag.

Attached Files:

2. Jim Rea

Jim Rea AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC, NRA, WVBA
    Hunted:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the Mountain Lion I called in with a fawn in distress call. I was in the Tonto National Forest in Arizona. It was the most exciting moment I have had so far, in hunting. I think because it was unguided and I was totally alone. Some of the finest tablefare you will ever have.

Attached Files:

3. ray12515

ray12515 New Member

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa
    My first and only trip to Africa

My family and I traveled to South Africa a few years ago and since then I've been dying to go back. These are some of the pictures we took.

[​IMG]
    This was a Springbok my sister took, the first and only animal she's ever shot. I'll never forget the look on her face when she smelled the open fan and it smelled like cotton candy.

[​IMG]
    This was my Springbok, taken the day after my sister's. We chose him because he was older and had a broken leg.

[​IMG]
    I spent 3 days hunting Kudu climbing mountains and looking everywhere, however they continued to elude us until early in the morning we spotted this guy as we were driving around. After a short stalk we had him in the bag. Though if you look close you can see my scope managed to whack my nose pretty hard. My mom was in the truck at the time and much to her dismay she saw the shot haha.

[​IMG]
    We saw a herd of Gemsbok and after a short stalk to get into position I waited and waited while they wandered past us until the perfect Gemsbok stood and allowed me a shot. Though our guide wasn't impressed with her patchy hide I feel that it gives her a little character.

[​IMG]
    This great looking warthog was next, I was ecstatic that I managed to catch up with him even after watching him run over a ridge.

[​IMG]
    I spent the rest of my time hunting after Bushbuck. However these proved to be one of the most tricky and smart animals I've hunted. On my last day we were ready to give up when we saw one charge out in front of the truck, we tracked him and eventually caught up with him and got to take this beautiful picture near the coast.

My trip to Africa was a special experience and I hope to return someday. Thanks for looking at my pictures!

4. Dlove

Dlove AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, Mexico, New Zealand, Namibia
    NZ trophies

A few form the South Island of New Zealand

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Hartzview Hunting Safaris

Hartzview Hunting Safaris SPONSOR AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe
    Hey guys,

Thank you for all the entries already... I am looking forward on seeing who is going to be the all time champ! We are currently in San Antonio and we love the weather here, almost feels like home. The picture of the tahr is really unbelievable.... Good luck to "ya all". ;-)

Best regards,

6. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    THANKS for another chance to go back to Africa.

The first photo is of my Springbok "3rd time is the charm" I took him on the last day and the last hours of the hunt 220 yards in a 60 mph crosswind, after missing 2 others at even closer distances one of which was only 75 yards.
    [​IMG]

The second photo is of my Gemsbok 2 tries at this guy on 2 different days 2 shots and he's down.
    [​IMG]

The 3rd photo is of my Blue Wildebeest not that his size is all that big he scored 73 3/8 SCI but the picture shows the new friends I have made in South Africa and thats a trophy worth showing off.
    [​IMG]

THANKS Bob

Attached Files:

7. Jim Rea

Jim Rea AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC, NRA, WVBA
    Hunted:
    hunting_photos_20100127_1858790562.jpg

hunting_photos_20100127_1815201415.jpg

These are pictures of my trophy with her trophy Bison. She made a perfect broadside shot @ 90 yards. She handled the recoil of the 8MM Magnum very well. The Bull ran about 80 yards coughed up more than a gallon of blood and sank to the position you see in the first picture. The guide says to this day she is the only one to make a one shot kill on a Bison with him. I'm very proud.:cool:

8. duckman90

duckman90 AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    DU
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, USA
    Four months in Tanzania

I have some crazy stories from this trip. I really cant even begin to tell them all in one post. If any one has any questions feel free to ask!

Attached Files:

9. duckman90

duckman90 AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    DU
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, USA
    more pictures from 2010!

Africa part 2 2010 843.jpg Africa part 2 2010 908.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1064.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1111.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1125.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1124.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1121.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1002.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1119.jpg Africa part 2 2010 930.jpg Africa part 2 2010 909.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1123.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1122.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1062.jpg Africa part 2 2010 032.jpg Africa part 2 2010 151.jpg Africa part 2 2010 822.jpg
    The Elephant that you see is charging our Defender from about 5 yards. I spend a few weeks of this trip studying the tactile interactions between elephants, we got a little to close for comfort on this one. I also got some amazing pictures of a 3 month old baby, and some video footage of four males fighting for a female that was in estrous. I even managed to catch them on film mating! it was truely amazing to see it up close in person and on foot at 60 yards! Our research guide, had a gun...a .223 it really made me feel safe!

10. duckman90

duckman90 AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    DU
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, USA
    The smallest buffalo ever shot...but its my buffalo!

Africa part 2 2010 1219.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1291.jpg Africa part 2 2010 122.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1229.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1153.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1212.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1171.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1302.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1208.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1157.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1230.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1321.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1207.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1224.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1271.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1225.jpg Africa part 2 2010 1266.jpg

11. duckman90

duckman90 AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    DU
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, USA
    That is amazing!

12. DeerHunter66

DeerHunter66 New Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, AHI
    Hunted:
    Africa, New Zealand, Australia
    New Zealand Tahr Hunt

Now this Tahr may not be the biggest but it sure has a story behind it. After a five hour climb up what seemed like an almost vertical mountain in New Zealand, I was glassing my Tahr at a ranged 550 yards. With no chance of getting closer I decided to try my luck. The first two shots missed, but as luck would have it the Tahr ran towards me. He stopped on top of a big bluff, I shot again, down he went straight into an ice Shute. Feeling pretty pleased I ranged the shot again, he was 504 yards. Then the guide said, "There is no way known we can get that" elation turned to frustration. That Tahr lay up on the mountain for a full week and every day I would stew over what had transpired.

On the way out I convinced the chopper pilot to go via the Tahr for a look. "Too dangerous with a full load" he said and away we went back to the chopper base. I then weighed up my options and hired the guy to fly the guide and I back in. We jumped from the copper onto a 45 degree slope into the snow and Ice. We carefully made our way down to the Tahr and literally dragged the animal back to the where the chopper would pick us up. The pilot flew back in and hovered while we man handled the full Tahr into the pod on the skids, and because of the angle on the mountain we had to lift it above our heads to get it in. I swear those rotors were only inches from hitting the side of the mountain and killing us all.

We took it to the taxidermists, still frozen, and let him skin it out for us. It now sits in my trophy room as a full mount. It only measured 10 inches but the size of the experience and the memories are immeasurable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. colpittman

colpittman New Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, B&C, NAHC, NRA
    Hunted:
    Africa, Asia, Germany, Czech Republic, Republic of Slovakia, Peru, South Korea, Vietnam
    Rocky Mountain Safari

Having hunted much of the world, I still have a special place in my heart for hunting the vast mountain ranges of Colorado and New Mexico. One of my passions was always trophy mountain lion and the old "Tom I took down on the Continental Divide near Raton, New Mexico made the all time Boone and Crockett Record book with a score of
    15 1/16th inches and a weight of over 200 pounds. Next on every Colorado hunters "wish list" is a big Mule Deer Buck, and the buck pictured was taken in Eagle County, Colorado and is in the Top 20 SCI with a score of 206. Nothing rounds out a North American Trophy Room than a beautiful Pronghorn Antelope, and the last picture shows a beautiful Buck taken near Craig, Colorado that scored 79 SCI Points.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. ghetaueugen

ghetaueugen New Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI member, romanian Hunting association
    Hunted:
    romania , germany, spain, hungary, scotland,namibia , south africa
    Kimberly, South Africa -2008

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. desertgoat

desertgoat New Member

My Photos:
    Some of my animals.

Here's some of the animals that I have taken in the past couple of years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. lio

lio AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    S.C.I
    Hunted:
    Benin, Senegal, Burkina faso, Zimbabwe, Namibia, South Africa, Madagascar, Cameroun, Tanzania, Mozambik...
    caffer with bow and arrow

This is my wife Kathleen and me with my first buffalo. A caffer caffer of 43 inchees large that I took with Mc DONALDS SAFARIS in MOZAMBIK and the VERY GOOD P.H: Chris.

It was After 8 years, 8 unsuccessful safaris and 7 countries visited for this specie with my bow representing 80 days of hunt, 800 hours, 48 000 minutes and 2 880 000 seconds of hunt!

Abnegation is a very important part of success at hunt! Lionel.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. Hartzview Hunting Safaris

Hartzview Hunting Safaris SPONSOR AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe
    Thank you for everybody that has entered the competition so far... Some very impressive pictures.. We are currently in Grand Rapids Michigan. We will be at the Huntin Time show and our booth number is #501. Everybody that is going to Reno enjoy the show and safe travels. We will see you there next year!

Best regards,

18. Filko

Filko New Member

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    SA
    Alaskan Adventure May 2010

[​IMG]

I was lucky enough last spring to have the chance to hunt one of these magnifcent bears. Alaska was amazing, something every hunter should have a chance to experience in his lifetime. It was a complete adventure, from the piper cub flight into spike camp. To sleeping in the bomb shelter tent. To dealing with the weather and being wet 90 percent of the time. To finally help pack a bear out, in the dark, four miles from camp.

19. Luis

Luis AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Spain, England, France, Portugal, Serbia, Scotland, Namibia, South Africa
    dreamt cebra

Everything on it´s hunt was a dream...the dreamt safari, the dreamt savanah, the dreamt animal, the dreamt hunt, the dreamt death...
    Zebra looks also like if it´s dreaming...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. Big B

Big B New Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Rod & Gun club, Boone & Crockett, Pheasant Forever, Safari Club Int.
    Hunted:
    USA (KS, MO, IA), S Korea, Germany, Namibia
    Any hunter can tell you that the trophy is only the gravy on the meat, the success is the actual hunt. Success is in the colors, the smells, the camaraderie, the shot, and the tradition. This is my first European boar, taken during a drive hunt in Germany. I had been given a an honorary sprig of fir by the hunt organizer. It is put in my hat to honor me, another, the last bite, was put into the boar's mouth right after this photo to honorthe boar's life.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: