Cliffy

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
Passing through Phoenix last week and just "had" to stop by the green roof store, On a whim I used my points to get a free rifle just for fun. Wound up getting a Ruger American in 30-06 (my favorite caliber). I know, it's cheap, but it sure shoots accurately. First three shots after a good cleaning and mounting the scope and collimating were 3" high 2" left at 100 and then walked it in in 2 shots. Second was 1" left and 2 high and third was dead on left and right and 1+ high. No cooling between shots, only scope adjustment.
May turn out to be a good plains game piece. I'll be taking on my next hunt unless I get my double (maybe both).

Always nice to get a "free" gun! Sounds like its a shooter. Can't ask for much more. When's your next trip to Africa? Bruce

Awesome gun Cliffy, my son was hanging out with some of the Ruger R&D boys earlier this year and they showed him an American 30-06 that had 40,000 rounds through it and it still shot with what they described as acceptable accuracy. I bought one and am waiting on my suppressor. I think it should prove to be a good plains rifle and easy on the ears. Good luck with yours.

Trying for next year to Namibia again with Jamy Traut. He's got some areas he hasn't seen yet I guess so I want to go looking with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg