Frankfurt In Transit permit

wolfwatcher

AH member
Reaction score
Hello
I was wondering if I could please get some help on this permit. I know this has probably been asked a lot on here, but I am having trouble with a couple of questions.

Section 3 where you list info on the weapon you want to transport, Under Category they list B, C or D...How do we know which of those is applicable to our weapon? I cannot find any info on the breakdown of this.

Also, how do we know if we fill in yes or no under the CIP Test Mark column? Is this for gunsmith dealers only?

any info would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to get this sent in as soon as possible
Thank you

ok Thanks, So I guess my bolt action would be category C. How did you determine that though?

also, our hunter support person thinks we should put yes under the CIP Test mark, but I think it should be no, that is where my confusion is coming from....

ok Thanks, So I guess my bolt action would be category C. How did you determine that though?

also, our hunter support person thinks we should put yes under the CIP Test mark, but I think it should be no, that is where my confusion is coming from....

To answer your question as to how to determine that.
You bang your head against a wall, ask for help and finally sus it out after hours and hours.
Then you can give the two answers below. :)

I just reviewed my permit from the past summer.

Your bolt is a category "C"

I left the CIP column empty.

Great thankyou, no troubles once you sent it in?
I am so worried I will have it rejected for something minor and have to start over.

How long did it actually take to get back?

Great thankyou, no troubles once you sent it in?
I am so worried I will have it rejected for something minor and have to start over.

How long did it actually take to get back?

No trouble for me.

I sent it in Feb 21, properly completed.
February 25, I received my permit via email with a request for payment of the fee.
I then requested a date change on the permit to cover my return trip through Frankfurt.
That date was changed and the final permit emailed to me Feb 27.

I arranged payment on Feb 25.

Frankfurt Permit.jpg

I just found the previous post regarding this as well and someone mentioned we have to include a bow on there as well.

We are travelling with a compound bow...Any suggestions as to what that category might be? Do I indicate how many arrows we are travelling with? and do those have to be in some sort of locked case as well? Our gun case fits 2 rifles and a bow, can the arrows go in with that?

I didn't realize how many permits were required!!! and I feel like I am running out of time!

Your profile has zilch in it.
Where are you coming from?

Plead ignorance on the Bow and do not worry about it. Is my suggestion.
I think the customs folks were being a pain in the butt.
If you are concerned at all, contact the Frankfurt Police by email and ask them directly.

I will not be getting a Bow permit. I did not get one for the return trip either.

I just found the previous post regarding this as well and someone mentioned we have to include a bow on there as well.

We are travelling with a compound bow...Any suggestions as to what that category might be? Do I indicate how many arrows we are travelling with? and do those have to be in some sort of locked case as well? Our gun case fits 2 rifles and a bow, can the arrows go in with that?

I didn't realize how many permits were required!!! and I feel like I am running out of time!

Your profile has zilch in it.
Where are you coming from?

Plead ignorance on the Bow and do not worry about it. Is my suggestion.
I think the customs folks were being a pain in the butt.
If you are concerned at all, contact the Frankfurt Police by email and ask them directly.

I will not be getting a Bow permit. I did not get one for the return trip either.

We are flying calgary, frankfurt, johannesburg. NObody else required info regarding the bow so I was surprised to read this.
I have sent a couple emails, but haven't heard back on other things so I dont imagaine I will hear in a timely manner in regards to this.
Do you pack your arrows in the checked baggage?

We are flying calgary, frankfurt, johannesburg. NObody else required info regarding the bow so I was surprised to read this.
I have sent a couple emails, but haven't heard back on other things so I dont imagaine I will hear in a timely manner in regards to this.
Do you pack your arrows in the checked baggage?

CHECK YOUR BAGS AND FIREARMS ALL THE WAY TO JOBURG!
I assume you are flying a Star Alliance partnership.

My firearms were checked through and I was never asked for a permit or if I had firearms on my return trip.

I do believe that my buddy ran into a customs officer that was having a bad day in Frankfurt Airport. His "Bow Case" was also large enough to smuggle 6 people back, if you packed them right. Honestly.

It surprises me that you have not gotten responses from the Germans.
The folks I contacted were responsive.

When you email your application send a copy/attachement of the Canadian Firearms Export Permits along as support.
They may ignore it and they may use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois