Fort McMurray - Wildfire

Fires are so destructive. my prayers go out to everyone out there.

One of my colleagues at work just showed me the ruins of his mothers and sisters homes. Time to show everyone what we are made of and help out where and when we can.

Fort St John in BC has 2 bad fire north west of the city and a lot of the small communities have been evacuated. Also another one in High Level. The Alberta government has put a ban on ATV's on crown land. It just keeps getting worse

The entire forest here is waiting to explode into flames.

Stay safe.

Hope you guys get some good rains.

Hallo all. Specific to those at Fort McMurrey. My thoughts with you all and my brother. Namibian born, and carved out a living for himself in Canada the hard way.
Currently he is actively engaged with the efforts of fighting the fires as a freelance helicopter pilot. There are more that 80 helicopters in the sky at any single moment. He surely is doing his best as I know him, longlining the bambi bucket.
Reports on him that I received from his wife.
"I got a message from Ryno this morning, he is good! Very busy, its chaotic there, the entire city has been evacuated"
"Ryno called, all good, work hard"
Afrikaans: "Besig in brande FM Canada" Translated, Busy on fires FM Canada"
Young daughter" This is Ryno helicopter"

From me: Sterkte Ryno veg die vuur.
Ryno helicopter.JPG

As noted, the fires have taken a turn for the worse over the last two days.

Note that the Canadian federal government - which doesn't seem to be doing much of anything about this - turned down offers of help from the US and Russia a week ago because the fires were under control and we could handle them.

Thanks, Ottawa.

As noted, the fires have taken a turn for the worse over the last two days.

Note that the Canadian federal government - which doesn't seem to be doing much of anything about this - turned down offers of help from the US and Russia a week ago because the fires were under control and we could handle them.

Thanks, Ottawa.

Your First Lady wants help........just not with the fires.:(

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/d2c1...-trudeaus-wife-criticized-wanting-extra-staff

Hope they get the fires knocked down and under control.

We are not like the US we do not have a "First Lady " she has no official duties. She is just a spoiled entitled pothead that waste oxygen.

That's exactly like the U.S. currently.

"Firefighters from U.S., South Africa to join Fort McMurray fire fight
Officials say about 1,000 additional crews from across Canada, the U.S. and South Africa will be joining firefighters to battle the Fort McMurray blaze."

Thanks for helping out guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
The South Africans are on their way. All three hundred.

Screen-Shot-2016-05-26-at-5.45.56-PM-741x486.jpg

Hopefully all the support and effort are able to get things under control soon.

We just had a fire at my base yesterday. Luckily, only 1400 acres burned. Had the fire jumped one more road, we would have evacuated housing areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg