For Sale Ruger RSM .416 Rigby

OK guys...price drop to $ 1850.00 plus shipping. Somebody wants it I Know....I KNOW you guys too well..LOL

a fine looking rifle you have there! unfortunately I cant justify a rifle chambered in such a cartridge. :(

heres hopen you find a good home for it.

-matt

Thanks..I'm it will find a home. It's like a pet...wanna make sure it goes to a GOOD home LOL.

sold!! Now I'm one step closer to my double 470.

sold!! Now I'm one step closer to my double 470.

Congrats on getting the 416 sold.

Are you sure you want the 470 more than a buff hunt?

Wheels....not sure I follow ya.

Heym, sorry, sometimes I am not very clear. There can be a disconnect between my mind and what I write.

I was just saying are you sure you want to spend money on the 470 or would you rather spend the money on a buff hunt.

All the best.

Heym, sorry, sometimes I am not very clear. There can be a disconnect between my mind and what I write.

I was just saying are you sure you want to spend money on the 470 or would you rather spend the money on a buff hunt.

All the best.

I think he was confused because he never mentioned hunting buff in the thread, at least not that I saw.

I don't understand why I can't buy my .470 and go buffalo hunting. One didn't have much to do with the other. Wheels,,I see what your saying, but I think I can get both done.

I don't understand why I can't buy my .470 and go buffalo hunting. One didn't have much to do with the other. Wheels,,I see what your saying, but I think I can get both done.

Heym, I apologize for what I said. I never meant to imply that you couldn't get both done. Sometimes my attempts at humor do not translate very well when I type.

Glad you got the 416 sold.

All the best.

No need to apologize...no offense taken. If I sell a gun..it wont be my doubles LOL. Love them too much

I hope your able to get your 470 soon! I also dream of a classic double rifle in 470 NE but its not a dream that will come true any time soon. (i need my money to get to Africa)

-matt

Hallo, is this weapon still available, i am from Vanderbijlpark. Thanks Danie

Hallo, is this weapon still available, i am from Vanderbijlpark. Thanks Danie

Sold per post #24.

And I am relieved...this darn thing was tempting me!

Sorry you missed out Dws.

Tim

Oh, Lord, lease send me money so I can take this queen of rifles from Heym88's loving hands, and deliver it into mine....
Every day I give thanks for the eminent Bill Ruger, may he rest in peace, knowing the good he has done....
a VERY mature Aussie .... 60? you're so young! Oh, Damn... too late...

I believe RSM stands for Ruger Safari Magnum. Another model is the Express, usually also listed as RSM, but only in mag calibers because the Express also came in .30-06 and .270Win. I think so anyway;)...
Ses I was very jealous of your 338 until I finally found one;) I know everyone refers to the RSM as Ruger Safari Magnum. However I've heard Ruger's other Acronyms have meaning, such as RSI meaning the gun came with scope Rings, Sights, and in the International version (full stock). So it makes me wonder if RSM really was started as Rings, Sights, Magnum???? Does anyone know for sure?

I have the Express versions in 270 win, 30-06, 7mm Rem Mag, 300 Win Mag, and 338 Win Mag. I've seen one in 25-06 but heard there was only a handful made. Anybody know more about these?

I think the three real discerning features of these guns are the machined integral quarter rib, the sights, and the beautiful wood that was used on them.

They are fantastic guns! My niece, Dana, used one of my 30-06 Ruger Express'. She shot it 3 times at targets in Africa at various ranges, dead on each time. And 4 more shots, 4 kills;)

@ActionBob , heck of a nice collection you have accumulated in addition to your Big Bores (y)

Ses I was very jealous of your 338 until I finally found one;) I know everyone refers to the RSM as Ruger Safari Magnum. However I've heard Ruger's other Acronyms have meaning, such as RSI meaning the gun came with scope Rings, Sights, and in the International version (full stock). So it makes me wonder if RSM really was started as Rings, Sights, Magnum???? Does anyone know for sure?

I have the Express versions in 270 win, 30-06, 7mm Rem Mag, 300 Win Mag, and 338 Win Mag. I've seen one in 25-06 but heard there was only a handful made. Anybody know more about these?

I think the three real discerning features of these guns are the machined integral quarter rib, the sights, and the beautiful wood that was used on them.

They are fantastic guns! My niece, Dana, used one of my 30-06 Ruger Express'. She shot it 3 times at targets in Africa at various ranges, dead on each time. And 4 more shots, 4 kills;)
I tend to rotate my stock fairly frequently thus my .338 should be long gone,,,, but it aint. LOL. Its one of my favorites, glad you found one, the .338 is hard to find. As to the RSM, I am not certain either. Its one of those things, like the meaning of AR. Most assume it means Assault Rifle which is incorrect, it stands for Armalite Rifle. Find that 25-06 and you will be in Ruger heaven!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllieBoatm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross