FNG going to Africa in June

Tebeaux

Reaction score
The entire clan (@pprox 30 people) is going on a Safari in June 17. We have gone before to Kenya but I did not hunt another country on the back side; will not make that same mistake again.

As I am sure most of you can appreciate, I am mildly obsessed with going to Africa again. Tons of questions I will post on the other forums. Looking for Kudu, Gemsbok, Zebra and whatever the PH says is a good animal.

My Uncle Mike was my hero as a kid. Raised in Montana and knowledgeable on all things hunting, fishing and Navy -he is a retired Captain, I am a Lieutenant Commander - he filled my head with the wonders of the field and the open sea. He had lots of pictures of Africa and a Zebra skin in his gun room that I thought was the coolest thing ever.

I fly fish a lot and hunt mostly birds. I got a solo elk a few years back and it nearly killed me getting that mighty wapiti off the mountain. I hear African has people that carry the big animals for you; that sounds fine.

18 years ago a great gal married me but we have a minor problem. I told her I didn't ever want blinking, colored Christmas tree lights. She countered that she would have no dead animals on the wall. If I knew then what I know now.... That verbal pre-nup has proven airtight so it is Euro mounts and skins for me.

Large mountains and elk live near me. Anybody interested in swapping something, hides, guns, knives, hunts,marital wisdom etc. for high mountain lake cutthroat fishing, gimme a buzz.

Boomshanka,

Steve

BTW, Tebeaux is my Labrador's name. His full name is Tiberius Tiberon Thibadeaux, but we got him when Timmy was playing for Denver so it is pretty much after Tim. I thought a cajun spelling might make him a better duck dog; so far so good.

Welcome to AH @Tebeaux ! Best of luck on the safari! Where are you going? Who with(outfitter)?

I'd put up some blinking colored lights this Christmas!

Welcome to AH. Sounds like you will have a great time.

All the best.

Welcome to AH sir! My wife doesn't like blinking lights or dead animals but there was no prenup!

I'd draw the line at blinking lights on the animals but both are pretty welcome in our home. Yes, who you hunting with Tebeaux?

Try making a separate room/building as your man cave and put what you want in it.

welcome,my wife is my hunting pardner so the trophies go in the house,he,he.

Welcome to AH @Tebeaux! Glad you found us and decided to introduce yourself... Enjoy exploring our community and resources.

30 people?!?! All to the same place?? Not all hunters I assume. That will be a logistical challenge for any outfitter but no doubt some would take it on. Welcome to the forum.

The entire clan (@pprox 30 people) is going on a Safari in June 17. We have gone before to Kenya but I did not hunt another country on the back side; will not make that same mistake again.

As I am sure most of you can appreciate, I am mildly obsessed with going to Africa again. Tons of questions I will post on the other forums. Looking for Kudu, Gemsbok, Zebra and whatever the PH says is a good animal.

My Uncle Mike was my hero as a kid. Raised in Montana and knowledgeable on all things hunting, fishing and Navy -he is a retired Captain, I am a Lieutenant Commander - he filled my head with the wonders of the field and the open sea. He had lots of pictures of Africa and a Zebra skin in his gun room that I thought was the coolest thing ever.

I fly fish a lot and hunt mostly birds. I got a solo elk a few years back and it nearly killed me getting that mighty wapiti off the mountain. I hear African has people that carry the big animals for you; that sounds fine.

18 years ago a great gal married me but we have a minor problem. I told her I didn't ever want blinking, colored Christmas tree lights. She countered that she would have no dead animals on the wall. If I knew then what I know now.... That verbal pre-nup has proven airtight so it is Euro mounts and skins for me.

Large mountains and elk live near me. Anybody interested in swapping something, hides, guns, knives, hunts,marital wisdom etc. for high mountain lake cutthroat fishing, gimme a buzz.

Boomshanka,

Steve

BTW, Tebeaux is my Labrador's name. His full name is Tiberius Tiberon Thibadeaux, but we got him when Timmy was playing for Denver so it is pretty much after Tim. I thought a cajun spelling might make him a better duck dog; so far so good.

LTC,

Welcome to AH and thank you for your service. Fly-fisherman living in Montana with an affection for Labradors, clearly you're also a gentleman! I spent sometime as a civilian at NRF in Idaho with a number of your colleagues. One is now a Captain and I believe is the base commander in New London, CT now. Idaho and flyfishing for rainbows/cutthroat along with water fowl with the Lab I had then is a fond memory.

Welcome to AH.

With your background, you are in for a lot of fun here! But 30 people???

Welcome to AH, only 30 people ?

The more the merrier !

Not sure I even know 30 people! LOL!:rolleyes::eek:o_O

I had a "starter wife" too, but didn't keep her that long. My "keeper wife" likes taxidermy more'n I do. She wants me to get everything mounted! (certainly can't afford that, let alone the space required; I mostly just keep the skulls now, and starting to throw away the old ones)

Welcome to AH @Tebeaux. That safari sounds like its going to be a huge operation- can't wait to hear how it goes.

My wife was opposed to taxidermy before our first safari too. Then she shot a magnificent sable as her first big game animal ever. After that, she decided that she wanted all of her trophies shoulder mounted at a bare minimum!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottyB2157

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!