Flying through or out of USA

Hamy

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
Sask wildlife, Sask bowhunters, SCI, Estevan Archery Club, Sask archery Assc.
Hope someone can help? I live 15 miles from USA border. Would I be Better off to cross border on land then fly from US or fly from Canada Seems both ways I end up going through USA.
I will be traveling with Bows and rifle.My closest airport is in North Dakota

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Hamy

Are you looking to fly our of Grand Forks, Fargo, Minot or Bismarck? All 4 are friendly. :D

You will need to have your permits to bring your rifle (s) into the States. I have had friends who have waited months to get their permit from the USA.

My suggestion is to see what your flight cost will be from flying out of Canada or the US . (y)

Ok Thanks we would likly fly out of Minot.
We fly from there all the time but have never taken rifles across border.
Taken our bows across all the time.
Plan on checking prices from Regina but they all seem to fly to Minneapolis anyway.
Could try out of Winnipeg quite abit farther to drive tho

On the ground, be cause you are not "transiting" you would need a 6NIA for the firearms and ammo from the ATF.

The 6NIA is easy enough to get, but without a valid purpose, hunting or target shooting the guys at the gate are not likely gong to let you onto US soil.

Hey guys we will just be taking our bows, this should make it easier. Is there any special rules to fly with a bow through US

Check it and pick it up at the destination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg