Flight cost help..

Discussion in 'Before & After the Hunt' started by longbowofMT, Feb 14, 2013.

1. longbowofMT

longbowofMT AH Member

Member of:
    Traditonal Bowhunters of Montana and Compton Tradiotaonal Bowhunters
    Looking at traveling to South Africa in December and what is the best way to reduce costs of flight over there. I noticed that before the 11th of December its is less than 2000 and after more than 2200+.. Any advice would help...

2. TOM

TOM AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
    Hunted:
    Africa...are there other continents to hunt?
    Have you tried a travel agent? They can usually get lower rates than you or I.

3. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    Hi longbow

I quess the first Question is have you ever booked flights for yourself going anywhere before if so that makes it easier you have a basic understanding of how it works. I have always booked my own flights here in the states on my first trip to Africa I used a booking agent and the ticket cost me over 2200 each I booked the next 2 thru Cheapoair and the ticket costed less then 1600 each the trick is when you leave and when you return as well as time of year of course. Try booking your flight leaving in the middle of the week and returning in the middle of the week avoid Fri-Mon if possible those are the higher rate days I always save a few hundred bucks that way. Bob

4. Jaco Strauss

Jaco Strauss AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, IPHA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
    Hi Longbow, Seasons run on Low from roughly December 20 - to May 20 with small differences between them, I have seen flights as low as $975 excl. tax After May 20 it hits peak to August 20 when it drops down again.

Debbie Trinidad helps me allot Custom Travel

I know Lori is also on here sure one or both of them good give you some advice....

My best always.