First Safari Nearly Here!

Enjoy your first safari! As others stated, take lots of pictures. I thought I took too many, but after getting home, I'm sorry I didn't take more. Lesson learned and I won't make the same mistake in 2017!

good to see your time has come blacks , cant hardly wait for your report and see what you with your mounts
have fun filling the freezer before you go
enjoy every breath of African air you breath ,mate
once you come home you will miss it

Thank you one and all for the kind wishes. Never fear, I take heaps of photos of all my hunting....I have a few Gigs of memory cards and three batteries in rotation.

I went out over the weekend to try and harvest some meat over my new shooting sticks, with my chosen rifle/scope/load combo. I managed to take this prime fallow doe which is currently being processed into jerky as we speak. Everything worked well....I'll be sure to get it out into the field soon.

Cheers
blacks

Attachments

• _20160222_215010_zpskqtqtazm.jpg
    _20160222_215010_zpskqtqtazm.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 127
One more suggestion if you feel that you want to do it is to get a voltage converter for the area that you are going to. Most camps have them in the rooms but it could be questionable if they work very well after a few years of being plugged in and knocked around in a drawer. That way you will be able to charge up the batteries when you change them out.

Thanks Jim! In fact I was talking about that with the wife the other day.

Cheers
Tim

one thing i started to do was to write down things that happened right away on my iPhone in an email to myself, can always change things later, don't need internet to write the email either, just to send it. I read back over the years of my journals and can put myself right there again. Nothing like writing down exactly how you feel, what you saw within minutes vs trying to document it later over a beer and a warm fire

GOOD LUCK AND PLAY SAFE !
Glen

Blacks you need the voltage converter and the plugs. They are available at bed bath beyond and on amazon!

Good luck, blacks! You will have a great time. As suggested, keep a pocket camera with you at all times and use it freely! You can always delete the ones you don't like. I have been twice and am going again in 2017. This Africa thing can be an addiction.

Hunting in Africa is certainly an addiction!

Thanks Jim! In fact I was talking about that with the wife the other day.

Cheers
Tim
Most of our charging equipment is rated for up to 300 volt. Just get the adapter and your good to go. Check the equipment in question first. Being a wireman I know some stuff about electricity. No problems on my trip to Namibia used the adapter and the house power in SA is 240.

Thanks one and all for the well wishes and the advice - I'm soaking it all up!

GG - Our Australian appliances are 240v. Hopefully that means they'll work OK in Namibia with an adapter?

Cheers
blacks

Best of luck Blacks! Remember to take in all the sights, sounds and smells that are Africa. Even though the time there will go fast it will provide you with a lifetime of memories.

Thankyou MT Griz.

I hope it will not need to...as I plan to go back more than once hehe!

Getting pretty well organised now I think.

Airfares were booked and paid for ages ago, flying with Qantas....4 flights to get from my home in South Australia to Windhoek, with two overnight stops, in Sydney and Johannesburg.
Have pre-organised SAPS permits and a meet & greet with Adele at Hunters Permits Africa.
We then overnight at the Nkanga guesthouse before jetting off to Windhoek and the Strauss family at Kowas.
At the end of the hunt we have a spare day/night in Windhoek so I've booked accommodation at the Casa Piccolo, and I've already booked a table for dinner at Joe's beerhouse that night ;)

Getting excited...

Good luck to you both!!

Reedy how many days for you now?

35 Days for me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sleep is becoming less and less each night

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg