Fire at Trophy Warehouse in Zimbabwe Bulawayo

Hank2211 ~ I'm just guessing there wasn't any coverage for the trophies by the storage facility. I know you can pay to insure your trophies via the freight company when they ship them to the U.S. but other than that had really not thought whether there's any type of policy you can get to cover your stuff from the time you take it to the time you get it home. This is probably going to raise a lot of issues for future safaris! There may be some insurance companies that will step forward now to take your premiums - lol! :rolleyes:

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe your current home insurance and a good lawyer. They are your property after all.
Good luck.

WOW!!! That is unbelievable, for what it's worth, looks like some Cape Buff horns in the lower left hand corner of the picture and "a" Kudu horn above them. Doubtful, but maybe some of the horns and skulls can be salvaged at least. Kind of like being at a funeral, my condolences to all affected.

I just sent an email to Collets Taxidermy as they are on the list of affected companies and they had my stuff, small order that it was I still paid to have some work done.

I just sent an email to Collets Taxidermy as they are on the list of affected companies and they had my stuff, small order that it was I still paid to have some work done.

Hate to hear that Scott. Hope thing are salvageable.

Well its out of my hands. It would be about like "par for the course" if it burned up! I'll post when I hear back from Colletts.

Well its out of my hands. It would be about like "par for the course" if it burned up! I'll post when I hear back from Colletts.

That sucks ses. It probably won't make you feel better but I heard that there was a guy who lost a leopard in the fire. And it was a TOAD!

I aint gonna get too shook about it one way or the other. Small order for common critters, two skulls and a skin. Besides I dont yet know the status. BTW Phil. Whats a TOAD?!

I aint gonna get too shook about it one way or the other. Small order for common critters, two skulls and a skin. Besides I dont yet know the status. BTW Phil. Whats a TOAD?!

A way of saying it was one big mother of a ________. Fill in the blank with whatever animal or fish is the topic of discussion.

In regards to the topic of insurance coverage. It sounds to me like all of these mounts had left the various taxidermists and therefore in my mind would be considered "in transit"? Isn't this when the insurance is now in effect? I know I didn't pay for insurance on my mounts until the transportation kicked in. Once they left the taxidermist and were under the care of the shipping company, I was under the impression that was when the insurance took effect.

Just heard back from Colletts and my stuff is with another shipper so not part of the fire. They did have one clients order in that fire who had asked for a different shipper than the one they usually use.

Just heard back from Colletts and my stuff is with another shipper so not part of the fire. They did have one clients order in that fire who had asked for a different shipper than the one they usually use.
Something turned out right for the trip.

Glad to hear that ses!

more pictures of the warehouse fire. devastating!

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, this is why it's so very important to take and have proper photo's of your hunt! If you can afford it, get a videographer film your hunt. Take hundreds of pics....they're worth the effort! Make sure your PH spends the time doing the pictures right! They may be all you have!

Guys, this is why it's so very important to take and have proper photo's of your hunt! If you can afford it, get a videographer film your hunt. Take hundreds of pics....they're worth the effort! Make sure your PH spends the time doing the pictures right! They may be all you have!

Back them up to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RXQLela937

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber