Finally!

Bert the Turtle

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Found enough of my reloading stuff after the move and bought what I couldn't find/didn't have to load up my 404 Jeffery practice/ deer hunting loads.

300 44 magnum XTP reduced to .423 through a Corbin die loaded over 40g of 5744. Haven't chronographed it yet, but supposed to be good for 1700-1800 fps. I checked with Hornady and the bullet should be good for those velocities. Stabilizes fine out of my rifle.

Shoots like an absolute pussycat, but it is 100's of FPS faster than a 44 magnum would be with the same bullet, so it should be plenty for whitetail at the 30 yard range they present here at my house. And it is a whole lot cheaper than full house loads. I'm pretty stoked.

I've always thought that a .404 Jeffery wasn't enough gun for whitetail, but that is just me.... ;)

In all seriousness, that should be a lot of fun and great practice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianguisy

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,