Finally My 404 Jeffery Has Arrived!

With just about 120 fps difference between min and max, can you spare yourself some of the recoil and use the minimum?
There really isn't much difference in recoil with regard to min vs max velocity. Still pretty brisk!

Thanks for the info Gert.
Problem is my eyesight. Also if I move the scope forward much more I get that "tunnel effect" of not getting a full f.o.v. I usually don't shoot with glasses (yes I know bad me) but one of the board members of the club was present so you know "I have to follow the rules". I'll try a few rounds rapid fire next time I'm at the range and see what happens. I had also considered an EOTECH type sight for it. I'll also have to try shooting off a set of sticks.
The old fuddy duddy's who run the range also have a bit of an issue when people take their rifles down to the 100yd targets, and start shooting at them whilst back up or running around frantically trying to mimic hunting close in or "oh shit run" situations.
Don't need another rifle...what kinda comment is that???? LOL I'm a gun collector and yes I will proudly admit it...I have a big bore addiction! What am I going to do with my 9.3x62, 375H&H, 416 Rigby, and especially my 450 Rigby? I'll have to appease Matt and get myself a Howitzer sized rifle next!

He,he,he, 8x68 I am pulling your leg..I just want to make it clear that the 404 Jeffery is such an excellent rifle ..you really do not need to use any one of your other big bore rifles..but there is no limit as to how many rifles you need to own...I have a 308 Win , 8x57 JS, .375 H&H Magnum Coggswell& Harrison, 404 Jeffery and a .458 Win Mag Mannlicher Schoenauer..I am in the process of building myself a .500 Jeffery and then I will commence building my own ..450 nr 2 Nitro Express on a 16 ga Zabala side by side shotgun action.....(http://www.kynochammunition.co.uk/450 No2 NE.html)

I used my .404 Jeffery on my buffalo a couple weeks ago. It was very effective.

Gsrxmike please upload a write up of your hunt , telling us about the performance of the 404 Jeffery you used? Photos will be much appreciated...since some of us can not be so fortunate to hunt a buffalo , we re-lived
a hunt through your buffalo hunt experience ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you