Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
RSA
Dealers,
I'm trying to order a Winch M70 Safari Express in .375 H&H, but my local FFL says he can't locate one.

I'm not 100% sure on the process-but just thought I'd see if anyone on here also had access to different Wholesalers who might have one. And then give me that info to give to my dealer.

I'm not sure how many "suppliers" FFLs have to draw from (not sure how hard they're looking)

Thx

You should try looking at the various auctions sites. Gunbroker is about the best, but then there is AuctionArms and GunsAmerica and Guns International, all dot com. Going thru the local FFL guy is sometimes even more expensive too. I buy what I want on the sites and have them shipped to my FFL guy for pickup and NICS etc.

Gunbrokers has a searchable list of FFL's ready to help out.

I just glanced at Guns America and they have at least 3 new. Buds Guns had 1 new and it was the cheapest of the ones I saw. Those are the only two sites I checked. Good Luck

AKMike and Sest beat me to it. I use Gunbroker more than any other online auction.

Like Sestoppelman said....buy it on the internet and have it shipped to your FFL. Most internet sites will have a list of local FFLs in your area they may charge less than your guy. In my area they range from $10-75 to do your paperwork.

This is where I got mine: CDNN Sports, Inc.

While they don't advertise their guns on their website, give them a call they carry rifles.

I've purchased retail before and transferred to an FFL. For this gun I want to go through a specific dealer local to me-but he is saying that his Wholesale Distributors are out of stock on this rifle.

I was hoping someone on this forum would have an FFL and be able to prove/disprove the availability at the Wholesale level- I do t know if there is 1 WD or of there are hundreds that deal firearms to dealers.

It's not prove or disprove. It's like cars, if I am a chevy dealer and I use certain distributers and they don't have a ford whatever, then I can't get it. To get the ford, I'd have to register with the distributer that carries them.
Gunbroker (et al) are popular because they have multiple sources to get the new guns, most are working out of very small shops with little or no inventory. I know of 3 around here htat are working out of thier cars or houses; no real shop.
Your dealer is telling the truth HIS distributor is out of stock, ask him to order it for you or sk if he'll accept a transfer from an internet sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois