FEDERAL POWER SHOK 270 gr .375..REVIEWS PLEASE

Discussion in 'Firearms & Ammunition' started by DOC-404, Dec 11, 2012.

1. DOC-404

DOC-404 AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
    Guys,
    I can get a few (6) boxes of 270 gr in .375 at a good price. Problem is I don't know them at all.
    Any info will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Doc.

2. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    I bought a box of these when I first bought my M70. They were as cheap a .375 load as I could find and were for boresighting purposes and to just get used to the gun. Dang things were quite accurate is the most I can tell you. If I didn't have my handloads, I'd hunt PG with these in that pinch.

3. 505ED

505ED AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI,DSC,NRA,DRSS
    Hunted:
    North America, South America, South Africa
    I cannot give you a update on this exact load, but will tell you to be careful of shooting any big game animal with an unproven bullet. I used a hornady interlock 300 in a 375 ultra on my last safari-- the bullet broke up on all game shot with it. I shot a Red heartbeest at 255 and it did not go thru...shot a waterbuck between the front legs at about 90 yards and it did not exit the chest cavity--and last but not least had to shoot a 2000lb livingston eland 5 times to put it down...if your are going to shoot anything you are paying for shoot the best bullet you can---Barnes,Swoft, CEB, Nosler...ect... just for note these bullets shoot sub 3/4 in in my 375... I'll stick with the swifts at a little over a inch for my next big game animal...

The aftermath....

[​IMG]

4. DOC-404

DOC-404 AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
    @ Phil, hell's bells mate, these things are really accurate out of my CZ 550..! 3/4 inch at 100 meters. Did some tests on a wet pack and the penetration and expansion was excellent. No core separation at all. I'm actually quite impressed.

@ Ed, I hear you and I agree. I must tell you though, I dropped two Eland bulls this season using a very under-rated bullet, the Sierra Gameking in 250gr hand loads. Both one shot kills with outstanding results.

5. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    Not surprised at all, makes me wonder sometimes why I do all that load development. Fortunately the wife wasn't at the range to see the results or I'd be selling all of my equipment!

6. Norwegianwoods

Norwegianwoods SILVER SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Norway, Sweden, England, South Africa
    The bullet is a standard soft point cup and core bullet.
    I guess it is very similar to the Sierra Game King.
    I am sure it will kill any PG including Eland, but I would not feel confident about using the bullet on Eland unless I had a full broadside shot and could put the bullet just behind the shoulder or in the neck.

7. 505ED

505ED AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI,DSC,NRA,DRSS
    Hunted:
    North America, South America, South Africa

I have to agree...I have never had a problem with a serria game king..it is one of my fav. bullets in a 375...I shoot 300's in it all the time..just tried something new and got burned.

Ed

8. bluey

bluey GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers
    Hunted:
    australia south africa (limpopo, north west,eastcape) canada (b.c)
    definately surprised me how accurate they are to phil when i picked up my 375 which is remm.700 sps d,g i got a box of power shoks to test drive it on the way home and was stunned st the groups on a ghost gum tree (white skin like bark) at about 130 metre .we just picked a spot and three of us fired 3 shots each and the groups wouldnt have been any bigger than three inches . not bad straight out of the box.
    i only got em cos they were the cheapest .