Favorite Drink?

Justerini & Brooks Scotch, kwon as J&B and Johnnie Walker Black Label. Cheers!

When I was in Zim (November and hotter than H*ll), I introduced the concept of Sun Tea (iced, when ice was available) to the staff and PH. When one comes back for lunch after the first six hours nothing better than a cold glass of Sun Tea. Got sick of the Coke Zero and that orange drink stuff. Love Iced tea.. Yum!!!

A South African special that is just the ticket to wash away the dust and heat is a refreshing Lemon Twist and Gin. Will settle for a decent Rum and Coke around the fire in the evening. For those who have not tried the Springbokkie ( Amarula&Peppermint liquer) give it a go(y)

For those who have not tried the Springbokkie ( Amarula&Peppermint liquer) give it a go(y)

Just outstanding and TRULY South African!!!!(y) Agreed!

………..

Just outstanding and TRULY South African!!!!(y) Agreed!

"Klippies and Coke" is not to bad either.

During the day in Africa I like the Schwepps dry lemon. End of the day, its beer for sure, Amstel preferred. Amarula after dinner, love the stuff. Glad we can get it here in the states!:D

Yall are going to turn me into a Raging Alcoholic! Everything mentioned sounds sooo good(y) Perhaps we could talk someone into having a official Food and Drink section.:whistle: I for one would love to try different drinks you guys have mentioned and would be convenient for the recipe. Just a thought

Also, lets not forget South African Hunters Gold Cider. First time I tried it I did not no that it was alcoholic, six cans later my legs would not work.

Perhaps we could talk someone into having a official Food and Drink section.:whistle:
Few things you have to eat in Africa too!!!As much game meat as you can, roosterkoek (buns made on the fire),boerewors ( beef sausage), a proper SA steak, malva pudding and biltong to name a few!

malva pudding is the bomb, last time l typed to jenny wormald , I told her id fly back there just to eat the pudding ...... mmmmmmmmm

and red hartebeest , back strap , eye fillets, rump steaks , and roasted rounds ..... I could eat that every meal

Great not only do I have a long "must try" drink list but now I have to add this "pudding" in the mix.(y)

We have more alcoholics on the site then hunters, just kidding...:cry:

Mmm, biltong and beer.. all four food groups.
these combined with malva pudding ,makes for a perfectly balanced diet .

Mine is boring, but I like Jim Beam or Jack Daniels. Not too fancy I guess. :)

Bourbon and coke! Booker's, Baker's, Blanton's, Pappy, AH Hersch, Or Jim any of these will keep me smiling. On both Safaris Hennie du Toit at African Sky brought along Jack Daniels and I was a very happy man each day at the end of the hunt.

I like me a glass or two of Wild Turkey 101 neat but any bourbon over 95 proof will due always drink mine neat for some reason.

A nice 20yr or older rum with a dash of coke will do the trick for me.
My current favourite is Plantation 20yr XO, goes down real smooth!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
profibrahim

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you