Fan mail

I was on a flight from Billings, MT to Houston last month and what I believe was a gender confused lady sat next to me. As I see it, I paid a thousand dollars for my seat and what I read is my business. I happened to be reading an article on a lion hunt.
She immediately told me that my magazine offended her!
Being the politically correct person that I am told her that grotesquely over weight lesbians with cheap perfume offend the living hell out of me! She promptly asked the stewardess to move her. Leaving the seat next to me empty for a quite enjoyable experience on United.
Should I have handled it different, probably.
Cheers,
Cody

I'll have to remember your methods for getting a little extra room.

James, I'm glad you're a lot cooler than I am. I would have exploded on that b****

Im pretty sure that I wouldn't have the restraint and keyboard etiquette that you do James, it is very commendable!
Mine would have pretty much read:
Dear Karen,
BLOW ME!
Cody J. Marr
Conservationist

I was on a flight from Billings, MT to Houston last month and what I believe was a gender confused lady sat next to me. As I see it, I paid a thousand dollars for my seat and what I read is my business. I happened to be reading an article on a lion hunt.
Being the politically correct person that I am told her that grotesquely over weight lesbians with cheap perfume offend the living hell out of me! She promptly asked the stewardess to move her. Leaving the seat next to me empty for a quite enjoyable experience on United.
Cheers,
Cody

That's great!!! Lmao

Im pretty sure that I wouldn't have the restraint and keyboard etiquette that you do James, it is very commendable!
Dear Karen,
BLOW ME!
Cody J. Marr
Conservationist

Cheers,
Cody

Cody,

You're one of a kind!!!

And im glad you're on our side!!!(y)

P.S. I read your post out loud to my wife. She laughed hysterically and fully supports your position.

Last edited:
Dear Karen,
BLOW ME!
Cody J. Marr
Conservationist

Cheers,
Cody

Oh Cody......first beer at DSC is on me, that just provided a laugh I needed after a rather frustrating end to my work day.

Oh Cody......first beer at DSC is on me, that just provided a laugh I needed after a rather frustrating end to my work day.

Hey if thats the case I could tell you stories about coaching 7th Grade "B" Team basketball that could cost you a whole meal.

Cody, can you be a guest speaker in my class:A Yell:

Cody, you are the man:A No1::A Rock:

VERY difficult to comprehend...our sympathies go out to James and his family. Have patience and be a better man than I.
I lived in Brazil for a while and had moved everything across from South Africa to Brazil... including a container full of hunting trophies. Anyway, one day my wife and I ( she is Brazilian) went to a wedding and at the table where we were seated met a very nice local couple, similar age etc and became immediate friends. To cut a long story short, they were at our house for drinks one evening and sitting at our bar, they noticed a nice 12"warthog shoulder mount that my younger son had hunted in Tanzania a few years before ( he was 14 yrs old at the time). My lovely wife, who is also not hunter friendly BUT ACCEPTS OUR POINT OF VIEW, says innocently.. well, that's nothing come take a look at these... and promptly leads them off to the trophy room... well, I thought WW 3 had erupted and this couple just went BALLISTIC... all conversation ceased that evening they left in a huff and all dates for future meetings, as well as assistance from myself on their small emerald mine project ( I am a mining engineer by trade) just got cancelled... never heard hide nor hair from them since. THEIR LOSS I am afraid!!
I can continue the Brazilian saga... but maybe another time... it took 11 x MONTHS to get my trophies cleared for RE- EXPORT from Brazil when we left there to go back to RSA... some guys in the customs just didn't like hunters and their trophies!!!
My very own brother - in - law, born and raised in Rhodesia ( Zimbabwe) like myself and who worked for the Parks & Wildlife for many years before emigrating to Canada, HATES my hunting, BUT at least understands the conservation aspect and agrees that hunters provide the resource to sustain future wildlife and to protect endangered species etc... he did his MSc thesis on African Elephant so is particularly perturbed when I hunt elephant!!
Like many of our colleagues have mentioned above, we are all hunters that understand the concept and MOST of us continue to spread the good word etc... so let's just keep at it and not let these IMBECILES get to us ( too much ).....

The Anti-Hunting mindset is one of the main cornerstones in the Earth Worship Religion that is sweeping the world these days (AKA - Paganism / The Worship of Mother Earth, and etc., etc. - one of the oldest religions known to Anthropologists).

The billions of dreamy followers typically do not admit to themselves that they are religious zealots but, they in fact are exactly that.

Emotionally unstable morons with mean spirited / severe need to control other people personality disorders, have always outnumbered the deep cycle thinkers / complete concept type thinkers.

War after war throughout the history of humanity tends to support this sad fact (usually starts when mean spirited, emotionally unstable people want to steal their neighbor's possessions and enslave / control them).

In the case of the Pagans, they would dearly love to control us Free Thinkers, that is precisely why they are always ranting about Gun Control.

They could just as well drop the word "Gun" from that and it'd be spot on.

Last edited:
No matter what we say or do, or show where our dollars are going and where there donated dollars are going they will never understand or accept our way of life. When our fellow humans base opinion on emotions it's like trying to push over a solid brick wall....Ain't happening. Just a shame they are unable to accept hunting as an irreplaceable tool for managing and saving wildlife. They have no problem eating a burger but god forbid we hunt. We are barbarians....Again.......A high powered PR firm to represent hunters and bring awareness to the general public. We cannot keep losing ground. The next generation must see , feel, and admire wildlife as we do. I know I love wildlife. I don't have to hunt. I do it because it connects me to them regardless of the hunts outcome. This is something the antis could NEVER understand. Thank GOD we do.

I do agree. This preaching to the converted thing where we sit around and get one another's blood pressure up by relaying the facts about hunting and anti hunting to one another is doing our purpose no good. It helps our cause ZERO.

The harm has been done already by us not playing the marketing game like the antis have. We sat around and thought " this will never end , let them rant and rave all they want " Its going to end -- soon , if we don't get our act together. And yes , wildlife will pay the price , bla bla bla. WE know that , but John doe doesn't , and he is the decision maker that will end hunting. Period.

Remember not everyone that is not pro hunting is necessarily anti hunting...... Most people are indifferent , but the antis are working their magic turning them their way !

We don't need to fight the antis , just get the general public ( sitting on the fence ) properly educated. Get them to realize that they don't have to become hunters and pull a trigger on an animal to do their part. " How can you kill an animal ? " should be " I could not do it , but thankfully there are people who can , who enjoy hunting , and as long as its legal and good comes from it , they can go ahead for all I care. " Aggressive PR.

Just like they don't have to kill their own cow/sheep/pig/chicken in the slaughter house to enjoy the benefits. We cant all be hunters , but denying the ones who are hunters their rights will seriously harm the wildlife that we all love.

Lastly , we have to start policing ourselves. We live in a different world we grew up in 30 / 40 years ago , Social media is a powerful tool and sadly the antis are much better at using it than we are. Doing and saying stupid things about hunting and our rights to do so just fuels these people. Be smart about it. Take on the idiots amongst us. Let them know that we don't care for their ways.

Certain practices will never be tolerated by the broader public even if the public is not aggressively anti hunting. Captive bred Lion hunting is right up there. I know everyone defending it say that captive bred lion hunting is just the start , they want to stop all hunting. This is true. It is however a very easy sell for them to convince people that ALL hunting is bad and so muster more public support for THEIR cause.

In my 24 year professional hunting career I have seen things change drastically , it's changing ever faster , if we don't take heed now it will be too late.

Hunting regards

The harm has been done already by us not playing the marketing game.

Remember not everyone that is not pro hunting is necessarily anti hunting...... Most people are indifferent , but the antis are working their magic turning them their way !

We don't need to fight the antis , just get the general public ( sitting on the fence ) properly educated.

Lastly , we have to start policing ourselves.

In my 24 year professional hunting career I have seen things change drastically , it's changing ever faster , if we don't take heed now it will be too late.

Hunting regards

Hi Shumba Safaris,

I have taken the liberty of extracting/quoting some spot-on high points from your excellent sermon.
And I totally agree with you 100%.
Ranting at each other does no good.
That is why I rarely put much effort into stating how I really feel about tape measures and record books but as you have seen, I am otherwise totally guilty from time to time.

When I have approached that specific topic in this forum, all I have really done is annoy the tape measure and record book crowd.
However, such rants have probaly not really reached any non hunters much if at all.

Unfortunately among Non Hunters, it's likely that only the hard core Antis read AH and probably not one simply Non Hunter type who is not generally foaming at the mouth by nature ever bother with us.
Those average billions of people usually just digest whatever is on most channels of their Hollywood Propaganda Box.

We definitely have had a PR failure for as long as I can remember.

Regards,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:
I do agree. This preaching to the converted thing where we sit around and get one another's blood pressure up by relaying the facts about hunting and anti hunting to one another is doing our purpose no good. It helps our cause ZERO.

The harm has been done already by us not playing the marketing game like the antis have. We sat around and thought " this will never end , let them rant and rave all they want " Its going to end -- soon , if we don't get our act together. And yes , wildlife will pay the price , bla bla bla. WE know that , but John doe doesn't , and he is the decision maker that will end hunting. Period.

We don't need to fight the antis , just get the general public ( sitting on the fence ) properly educated. Get them to realize that they don't have to become hunters and pull a trigger on an animal to do their part. " How can you kill an animal ? " should be " I could not do it , but thankfully there are people who can , who enjoy hunting , and as long as its legal and good comes from it , they can go ahead for all I care. " Aggressive PR.

Just like they don't have to kill their own cow/sheep/pig/chicken in the slaughter house to enjoy the benefits. We cant all be hunters , but denying the ones who are hunters their rights will seriously harm the wildlife that we all love.

Lastly , we have to start policing ourselves. We live in a different world we grew up in 30 / 40 years ago , Social media is a powerful tool and sadly the antis are much better at using it than we are. Doing and saying stupid things about hunting and our rights to do so just fuels these people. Be smart about it. Take on the idiots amongst us. Let them know that we don't care for their ways.

Certain practices will never be tolerated by the broader public even if the public is not aggressively anti hunting. Captive bred Lion hunting is right up there. I know everyone defending it say that captive bred lion hunting is just the start , they want to stop all hunting. This is true. It is however a very easy sell for them to convince people that ALL hunting is bad and so muster more public support for THEIR cause.

Hunting regards
Sir, I've been saying here for a long time we need a high powered PR firm to handle theses matters as soon as they arise. I've said many times the hunting industry including companies who manufacture hunting clothing , arms , Ammo, SCI and DSC need to raise and or donate each year to retain a firm. We are NOT fighting the antis at all. Period. We've lost the importation of game, we've lost airlines and shipping companies to transport legally hunted game, where does it end?

Dear Karen,
BLOW ME!
Cody J. Marr
Conservationist

Cheers,
Cody
I like your style!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you