Fallow Deer Pictures

Let me know if you want any help planning, ideas on where to go or reviews of potential outfitters if i know of them. Prehaps we could even go for a pint down a pub when your over!

You can count on it Tom!

Chaps,

As a lot of interest has been shown in stalking in England I thought I would exchange a rifle for a camera this evening. As you will notice there was a promising buck in the herd as well as a white fallow. These are very uncommon but are sometimes born.

IMG_1450.JPG
IMG_1451.JPG
IMG_1455.JPG
IMG_1456.JPG
IMG_1458.JPG
IMG_1461.JPG
IMG_1462.JPG
IMG_1463.JPG
IMG_1465.JPG
IMG_1467.JPG
IMG_1468.JPG
IMG_1472.JPG
IMG_1473.JPG
IMG_1475.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1477.JPG
    IMG_1477.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 161
Thanks for swapping out the barrel for the lens.

When do the spots appear of disappear? Only fawns have spots over here. (WTD and MD)

if that white spikey survives ,the next 6 or seven years you will have a bueatifull stag on your block .
on one of the blocks we have accsess to theres a nice white spikey a bit older than him .
hoping im able to hang him up beside his grandfather in few more footy seasons

Brickburn, The spots never go on that colour variant of Fallow.
Bluey, We have a mature white Fallow buck on the estate, however he gets a free pass.

Nice pics Tom.
How old do you think that buck is?
I have seen some monster white ones in Texas but I prefer the brown, Axis colored ones and the chocolate comes in second place for me. Not a fan of the white ones really.

You cant actually tell for sure without looking at the teeth, but I would say around 5 years old. Next year I would expect him to begin to have some larger palmation.

I didnt know you had Fallow in the states? In fact they were not originally native to theUK, but introduced by the Romans.

Yeah Tom, there's not much that a fellow CAN'T hunt in the great state of Texas.

In fact, we've been doing a lot of talking about me coming to experience what you enjoy over there and that's a great idea, but you should consider a trip to come hang out with me for a while as well.

I have some pals who book some pretty awesome Aoudad hunts in the rugged country of west Texas and a wild Bison is available too. There are plenty of opportunities for Axis, Fallow and Blackbuck antelope also just to name a few and regardless of what you may hear, on the properties I like they can be as challenging a hunt as you could wish for.

No worries on guns & ammo. I have a surplus of both and I gotcha covered on that!

Jeff, A trip to Texas sounds awesome, do you hunt the feral pigs? Im not sure how hunting works in states but I thought you had to be a resident to get a tag?

I'm not exactly sure of what is involved for you to hunt Texas Tom, but I feel sure it's a fairly simple licensing process, likely too not much different from me as a nonresident licensee of the state as I live in Mississippi. I bet guys like gizmo who have hunting properties there can quickly tell us. I believe he has guys from out of country hunt with him.

I'm not a huge pig fan but I'll shoot one now & then. I took this old boar while I was hunting Aoudad on a friends lease last summer. I didn't want to mess up my hunt for a big ram but my pal asked me to shoot this beast if I saw him so I did.

image.jpg

Pictures of Fallow Deer posted by AH members in the Photo Gallery. Enjoy!

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Haha! Great post. I recognize one of the super handsome gentleman in the pics as yours truley. :):E Lol::D:Wtf::eek::Dead: In all seriousness, I truly love hunting fallow deer. Out of all the exotics they are my favorite. I am working my rear end off so I can put up a highfence on part of the ranch so I can have more exotics, and the one that I plan on being my show piece, yup you guessed it fallow. I hope to have a herd with the best genetics I can find to breed some spectacular fallow. I don't know what it is about them but they are some fantastic little animals.

watermark.php

Chaps,

As a lot of interest has been shown in stalking in England I thought I would exchange a rifle for a camera this evening. As you will notice there was a promising buck in the herd as well as a white fallow. These are very uncommon but are sometimes born.

View attachment 38285 View attachment 38286 View attachment 38287 View attachment 38288 View attachment 38289 View attachment 38290 View attachment 38291 View attachment 38292 View attachment 38293 View attachment 38294 View attachment 38295 View attachment 38296 View attachment 38297 View attachment 38298
Thank you for the great post and all of the information! I hope to hunt the UK after I get Africa under my belt.

Tom if you ever make it to the states and want to hunt wild hogs and some exotics give me a shout. I'd enjoy the opportunity to take you hunting.

Gizmo,

Thank you for the offer. That's very kind of you! I traveled the west coast in August and had a great time, I certainly want to see more of your country. Let me know if you fancy hunting over here and if there is anything I can do to help.

Fallow deer from the Free State.

IMG-20140414-WA001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois