AUSTRALIA: Fallow Deer Hunt

As Bluey said there is a fair bit but often the better country is privately owned. I took these on private property in NSW. In Victoria probably the best deer country (for Sambar) is on public land.

Is there also axis deer around and boar

Do I hear AH Australia get together... (n) :P Elmer Fudd::A Banana:

Yep! AH back country Sambar hunt. I'm sure we could sort out tipping a few deer over. Maybe some fallow and pigs too.

Cheers,
JWB300

Is there also axis deer around and boar

Yep up north there are Axis (mostly called Chital here)

Pigs are sort of everywhere

ChitalSideofRoad_zpsa9d6e8d1.jpg

Attachments

• ChitalSideofRoad_zpsa9d6e8d1.jpg
    ChitalSideofRoad_zpsa9d6e8d1.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 159
yup I remember that chital now after seeing jim shockey hunt there. It is amazing how much you have around to hunt if you really think about it. I never realize the variety you have in your country.

Yeah there are a few when you think about it - 6 species of deer (fallow, red, hog, sambar, chital, rusa) pigs, water buff, camels, brumbies, foxes, goats, wild dogs and cats plus other small critters.

Congrat and Wmh.(y)

Really nice fallow, congrats!

Thanks for the comments guys! The fallow/red deer season has wrapped up now here. Ended up with about 15 for the season with this one being the best.

Beautiful buck, congrats! Fallow deer are definitely on my bucket list, even ahead of red deer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg