Extreme Huntress Contest 2015 Erika Bergmark

I change my opinion, there is some really nice female hunters... Hope Brickburn you see this post as positive and friendly from my side ?

Kindest regards, Gordon

missuk.jpg

I change my opinion, there is some really nice female hunters... Hope Brickburn you see this post as positive and friendly from my side ?
Kindest regards, Gordon

Actually it's a little P.A. But, start a new thread when you're ready. :)

Well Gordon being and having been a police officer for 13 years in a high crime rate city and district I can tell you that the vast majority of female officers are very competent and I have no problem getting in fights with them as my back up. There are just as many cowardly and incompetent, if not more, male officers as there are female. With due respect sir, I feel your comments are quite intolerant and based on opinion with no experience at least in law enforcement in the US to back your statement. You are certainly entitled to your opinions but I can tell you from experience they are off base. I've been in numerous fights and a few shootings with female officers as my back up and all of them acted no different than any man would have. It boils down to mental toughness and training. I always giggle when on calls and a shovenistic man starts giving a female officer crap. With in a few minutes he's on his ass in handcuffs wondering what just happened.

I fully agree with you that there are plenty of competent female cops, firefighters, soldiers, PHs etc... The only problem I really have is when the physical standards get lowered or are lowered for women because far fewer women can pass the required fitness test than men. Or that because this is the case it gets labelled as discrimination.

Take a look at this article for example:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/supreme-court-orders-female-firefighter-rehired-1.173366

Particularly this quote:
"
The defence argued that men have an unfair advantage in such tests because women, on average, have less aerobic capacity.

About 70 per cent of men passed the exam on the first try, compared to only about 35 per cent of the women."

Its nature that men are physically stronger than women. Obviously a higher % of men will be able to preform a certain exercise than women. And the requirements shouldn't be lowered or thrown out just because enough women aren't getting in because a fire or a criminal won't go easy on the firefighter or cop just because they happen to be a woman. The standards must be the same for both genders. The problem is the PC crowd who then labels this as discrimination.

I fully agree with you that there are plenty of competent female cops, firefighters, soldiers, PHs etc... The only problem I really have is when the physical standards get lowered or are lowered for women because far fewer women can pass the required fitness test than men. Or that because this is the case it gets labelled as discrimination.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/supreme-court-orders-female-firefighter-rehired-1.173366

Particularly this quote:
"
The defence argued that men have an unfair advantage in such tests because women, on average, have less aerobic capacity.

About 70 per cent of men passed the exam on the first try, compared to only about 35 per cent of the women."

Its nature that men are physically stronger than women. Obviously a higher % of men will be able to preform a certain exercise than women. And the requirements shouldn't be lowered or thrown out just because enough women aren't getting in because a fire or a criminal won't go easy on the firefighter or cop just because they happen to be a woman. The standards must be the same for both genders. The problem is the PC crowd who then labels this as discrimination.
I agree whole heartedly. I expect the same of women as I do men in my career. The physical agility test to become a police officer at my department is the same for both men and women. There is a total of about 70% failure across the board. The women that pass it make it to the next step. Those that don't, don't. That's the way it should be. If your not physically able to do the job then a person, no matter who they are, don't need to be there. Mental toughness is no different. We, for lack of a better term, tourture the shit out of our recruits. Either they are mentally and physically tough enough or they are fired. Period. There's no exceptions made. Our lives and the citizens lives depend upon it.

Reactions: lcq
This is exactly what I was trying coming to, there is not any psychical test to be a PH, and here is no question that a young 45 kg girl can be a very good ph/guide on PG farm in Eastern Cape, but maybe not the right person on a more demanding hunt or in a anti poaching squad.

Lol Gordon please re read my earlier posts starting from the beginning. My response will be the same and I would still hunt with a female PH given she is licensed and certified on a DG hunt.

Yes Gizmo this is your opinion not mine, and I think perhaps my 40 years experience on this subject when it's comes to african professional hunting is a little bit more than yours.

Anyhow it's 's nice with different options, in other wise the life should be a bit boring.

G

Well sir you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Particularly this quote:
"

CBC AKA Communist Broadcasting Corp. The most biased and left leaning media in Canada. All funded by the taxpayer. Don't even get me started on Bev and her group of clowns in the Santa Suits on the SCC

Gizmo you can't fight with stupid people or guys who think they are better then the world. He has done that and everything else there is to do in this world. Now this is coming from someone who I believe Gordon called a redneck hunter so take my words for what there worth.
Logic and facts don't go into anything old Gordon has to say unless it benefits his story.

Great job Erika on winning the contest.

Gizmo you can't fight with stupid people or guys who think they are better then the world. He has done that and everything else there is to do in this world. Now this is coming from someone who I believe Gordon called a redneck hunter so take my words for what there worth.
Logic and facts don't go into anything old Gordon has to say unless it benefits his story.

as one of my friends is fond of saying. you can't fix stupid

Lol, I'd rather be a redneck hunter than a male shovenist with a superiority complex. It just sux he pissed all over Erika's thread for no reason. She's the real deal and my hats off to her for all her accomplishments. I hope she doesn't think the rest of us share the same misguided opinions as this fellow.

................ I hope she doesn't think the rest of us share the same misguided opinions as this fellow.

Water off a ducks back!

ha..ha.. Nice to see that the African hunting expert is back to fire off some nice words again.

Someone send me a private message about you Red Neck that was a bit funny to read.

Keep your opinions and respect others, be a gentleman and use a correct language "he pissed" .... come on and grow up !

Well I guess your still not going to get the hint about hijacking others threads. It would be a fine topic, though ignorant, in a completely seperate thread as opposed to yes pissing all over her accomplishments. I will be the first to tell you I am no expert on anything. An ex is a has been and a spert is a squirt under pressure. I'm sure you already know this. No worries, though I may be a little slow on the uptake, I'm am finished acknowledging you ignorance and arrogance as it's quite obvious your only prerogative is to troll this thread. Quick here's your chance to get the last word in and affirm what all of us are quite aware of.

Hello Erika,

Congratulations to you for winning the Extreme Huntress 2015 Award.
Very impressive.

Regards,
Velo Dog.

Take it easy Gizmo, the "redneck" was not for you and as I say I do respect your opinion. But I do not see where I was attempting to "hijacking" anything, because If you did not get it it's a forum for conversation and discussions so also exchange of opinions !

I guess we are ready here, and I'm so terrible sorry if I have hurt your feelings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!