Extreme Huntress Contest 2015 Erika Bergmark

Ok, Brick burn put it like this : Not everything have to do with the trigger pressure even if it's was a good point, but how can a 45-55 kg woman carry a 95 kg client for even a short distance after he is unable to walk, it can be everything from a hart failure to a snakebite or even a sunstroke, ifs animals involved in the accident (snakes/cats/buff/croc/elephant the trackers have probably already run off in panic, and that's why it can be a problem when this kind of situations coming up !

Still trust that she will throw you over the shoulder and carry you back to the bakkie for 10 km ?

Still trust that she will throw you over the shoulder and carry you back to the bakkie for 10 km ?

Gordon, I have yet to hunt with anyone who could throw me over their shoulder and carry me out of anywhere, even on flat ground. (Here of Africa)

Remote rescue is always an issue in any back country adventure in any country.
Global Rescue's website is replete with these incidents.
Comms and luck are the major factors that are going to save me.

I guess if that becomes my major concern I might have to make a plan or just stay home.

Global rescue will show up after some hours in best case, as you know "organization" in most parts of Africa is not on top ! And snakebites or ripped blood arteries need attention fast.

Anyhow, it was maybe too straight forward to ask this question, and there is probably many excellent female guides and ph's out there that do a great work.

But Brickburn, you should never thinking that it's better to stay home, instead always plan for the worst scenario, I have always done that and it's keep me alive.

Please note that the 60 days is simply 2 months with a dg licensed ph, not that you snap one day each month with a dg client and rest of the time cleaning the lodge for a couple of years.

Last edited:
Ok, Brick burn put it like this : Not everything have to do with the trigger pressure even if it's was a good point, but how can a 45-55 kg woman carry a 95 kg client for even a short distance after he is unable to walk, it can be everything from a hart failure to a snakebite or even a sunstroke, ifs animals involved in the accident (snakes/cats/buff/croc/elephant the trackers have probably already run off in panic, and that's why it can be a problem when this kind of situations coming up !

There's a lot of soft men that couldn't do that either. I do Crossfit workouts and let me tell you I have met plenty of women that could carry my almost 90kg ass if need be. In fact, I've had it done to me by 40+ year old house wife pick me up in a fireman's carry and run 50m with me on her shoulders. Kind of humbling! So I wouldn't rule out a woman just because she's a woman.

Well Gordon being and having been a police officer for 13 years in a high crime rate city and district I can tell you that the vast majority of female officers are very competent and I have no problem getting in fights with them as my back up. There are just as many cowardly and incompetent, if not more, male officers as there are female. With due respect sir, I feel your comments are quite intolerant and based on opinion with no experience at least in law enforcement in the US to back your statement. You are certainly entitled to your opinions but I can tell you from experience they are off base. I've been in numerous fights and a few shootings with female officers as my back up and all of them acted no different than any man would have. It boils down to mental toughness and training. I always giggle when on calls and a shovenistic man starts giving a female officer crap. With in a few minutes he's on his ass in handcuffs wondering what just happened.

Yes I'm not sure what's going on in the police recruitment in America, but I'm still very much convinced that someone behind a computer and in public can probable say that he do not care of what gender his ph is, but when the time come to book that very special and perhaps lifetime hunt, it's another opinion.

I'm a surprise because after thousands of hours sitting in the evening around the camp fire with mostly male clients, I never hear anyone say that he prefers a female ph or that he do not care !

Furthermore I have unfortunately never heard about any famous and legendary female ph with reputation to be expert on some special game ?

Women can be hard. Believe me.
Witold

No sh1t. I had a female boss and I'll tell you she had cajones her male counterparts were lacking. One of the best bosses I ever had, competent, confident and no bull.

Yes I'm not sure what's going on in the police recruitment in America, but I'm still very much convinced that someone behind a computer and in public can probable say that he do not care of what gender his ph is, but when the time come to book that very special and perhaps lifetime hunt, it's another opinion.

I'm a surprise because after thousands of hours sitting in the evening around the camp fire with mostly male clients, I never hear anyone say that he prefers a female ph or that he do not care !

Furthermore I have unfortunately never heard about any famous and legendary female ph with reputation to be expert on some special game ?

Gordon, when you are in a hole stop digging

Ever heard of the Israeli military. I'd put a company of they're military women against anyone's anywhere. Behind a computer or not I'd hunt DG with a qualified female ph and not think twice of it, I would hold her to the same expectations as anyone else. I look at the person and what they offer not gender or race.

:S Topic:

Differing opinions are not the issue. Respect is.

Shows that promote women in hunting around the world is one sure way to garner the support of 50% of the population of this planet.
Some of these ladies have certainly become lightening rods for reaction and discussion.

Erika, certainly has demonstrated that she is not window dressing and her actual hunting experience and education is quite extensive.
Check her resume.

She is not a Hunting Bunny.

You want to start another thread on the "Hunting Bunny" do it.
There is plenty to talk about.

Last edited:
Erika...congratulations...:)

As for hunting with female guides...yes....look at Natascha Illum-Berg, she guides in Tanz for DG...shoots a boltrifle in .458 Lott..

Neither she or any male PH can carry my 110kg carcass anyway...so whats the fuzz..?

Neither she or any male PH can carry my 110kg carcass anyway...so whats the fuzz..?

That is what the Trackers are for :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.