Exciting Brown Bear Hunt in Croatia

Nyatiboss

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe ( before 'Bob ! ), ozambique, Zambia Tanzania, Hungary, Lithuania, UK, Alaska
I recently did a European Brown Bear Hunt in Croatia with a friend of mine.

She has some excellent areas, Government controlled, very good hunter / guides etc. All in all a professional well organised set up.

Very high probability of Gold Medal ++ over 350 CIC points we saw, but couldn't get a shot. We got one of 335 CIC points and saw a couple of 400's.

My friend also has good Mouflon, Boar and Stag hunting.

We stayed in a pretty fishing village on the Adriatic coast about 2 hours from Zagreb. It was a 5 day hunt 6 nights. Well worth going and the Karlovacko beer worked for me !

Anyone interested I will send pics, prices and put you in touch with her.

All best

Tony

Glad to hear you had a great hunt! Do they estimate the length of the bear...for figuring out the trophy fee? I doubt they go on weight....anyway I'm happy you got a European Bear!

Hi

Thanks for your message

They use a scoring system, based on the C.I.C. points method. Lenght, skull size etc.

Our guide / hunter estimated it at 330 CIC points, so was pretty accurate !

300 + is gold medal.

The hunt was euros 9,500 inc a Gold medal bear and hotel, meals etc. You then only pay the extra points over 300 at Euros 71 per point or fraction.

It was hard work, but very exciting, seeing Bears every night and tehir tracks through the snow banks in the mountains, often after we had passed on the way out.

Sounds like a exciting hunt, with good guides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg