bassasdaindia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
image.jpg
I found this on line and thought it deserved to be posted here on AH.

Beautiful rifle. From what I can recall about reading Green Hills of Africa, I don't believe he was very fond of this rifle due to its recoil, and ended up using his Griffin and Howe Springfield .30-06 for pretty much everything, including rhino.

This is the rifle he took out hunting submarines in the Pilar during the Second World War. Fortunately, he never found one!

Bill Jones now owns it (along with several other notable classics) and has taken it back to Africa.

Certainly a beauty!

Man wouldn't it be something to own this rifle!

can any member put a value on it , for interests sake ?

This is the rifle he took out hunting submarines in the Pilar during the Second World War. Fortunately, he never found one!

Bill Jones now owns it (along with several other notable classics) and has taken it back to Africa.

I like that Bill Jones still uses the rifles. It would be a shame for the rifle to spend its remaining days locked up, gathering dust somewhere.

This rifle had a pre-sale estimate of $150,000-$200,000 at James Julia's auction of Mar 15, 2011...............but as Clayton has correctly said, it went for quite a bit more...........and in the last 5 years may have appreciated beyond the $340K price ............FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross