Elk Euthanized

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gi jane, Nov 17, 2013.

1. gi jane

gi jane BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Pity there was no other way. Too bad some people are numbnuts and don't respect the fact that a wild animal is a wild animal. The only fault belongs to the idiots that feed Doritos and shit to these magnificent beasts just for a cheap thrill. Dumb asses! Respect to the rangers and the tough call they had to make. I wouldn't envy their position but I support the decision to euthanize the animal. What a waste. I hate people sometimes. :mad:

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20131116/NEWS/311160024/Smokies-YouTube-elk-euthanized
    :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
  2. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    Anywhere there is a park it is inevitable.

We have tourists posing their children beside Grizzly Bears on the roadside.
  3. dobber

dobber AH Veteran

they tried a few things before this happened, a couple of people I know were around this when it happened, but truly a shame
  4. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
    People never cease to amaze me. The one that always sticks out in my mind was when some idiot thought it would be a cute to get a picture of a park bear "licking" honey off his kids hand... apparently no one told the bear about the licking part and he did what bears do, ate all the honey at once, hand and all.