Elephant Trophy Bull Export Import

Discussion in 'Before & After the Hunt' started by bee keeper, May 9, 2011.

1. bee keeper

bee keeper AH Member

Member of:
    NRA
    Does a Trophy hunt on an Elephant Bull mean that you can take the tusks home ? I thought Ivory coulnd't be exported or imported ?

2. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Importing Your Leopard or African Elephant Trophy

bee keeper, Taking a trophy Elephant bull does not mean that you can export the tusks home. Note also that permits and importation procedures of sport hunted trophies are different from country to country, so one needs to look into the regulations pertaining specifically to where the sport hunted trophy will be imported...

The attached pdf file from the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service called Importing Your Leopard or African Elephant Trophy should answer your question.

Feel free also to check out the following article for further information: Permits & Importation Procedures for Sport Hunted Trophies.

Attached Files:

3. bee keeper

bee keeper AH Member

Member of:
    NRA
    tnx, but what is then the 'trophy' you take home with you ?

4. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    If the Elephant is exportable from the country where it was taken and if it can be imported back in the country where it is to be exported to, most hunters will of course bring back the tusks as their trophy, and for some hunters the "trophy" to be brought back home may also comprise of the skull, bones, feet, tail and/or skin.