elephant importing to australia

wahunter

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
Australia New Zealand South Africa Canada
Am looking at hunting elephant next year and started going through all the forms hear in Australia bout importing trophys , was just wondering if any one has done it or no any thing about it cheers for any info

Hi,

I have read an article from **NOT**PERMITTED** about a hunter name Wato from Australia but could not recall the issue number. I can get the issue number for you tomorrw if you want.

From the article, I belive you will not be able to import elephant tusk into Australia.

Stan

wahunter,
I can tell you with absolute certainty that you can not import any elephant product what so ever in to Australia.

Thanks for the replys its the same answer im getting from the goverment deparment was not what i wanted to hear .... not fair

Someone is always posing new questions on here and I appreciate the perspectives that other hunters bring to the table and the issues they have to address at home to be able to hunt. From this I get to learn just how lucky I am. Sorry for you mate.

Listing of CITES Species
Declaration of Stricter Domestic Measure
I, David Kemp, Minister for the Environment and Heritage, pursuant to subsection
303CB(1) of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999, hereby
declare that the list of CITES species established under subsection 303CA(1) of the Act
has effect as if the populations of the species Loxodonta africana (African Elephant) that
are included in Appendix II to CITES are included in Appendix I to CITES.
Dated this 10th day of December 2002

Only allowed to be imported into AU under exceptional circumstances.

The Director
Wildlife Trade Regulation Section
Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities
GPO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2601
Telephone: (02) 6274 1900
Facsimile: (02) 6274 1921
Email: wildlifetrade@environment.gov.au

http://www.environment.gov.au/biodiversity/wildlife-trade/lists/cites/pubs/cites.pdf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you