SOUTH AFRICA: Elephant Hunt With Paw Print Safaris 2015

it could just be me... but I think @CAustin might be excited to hunt an elephant. ;)

live it up man, it will be a hunt to remember for the rest of your lives!

-matt

Good luck Charlie! Fingers crossed for a successful and safe hunt!

Best of luck Charle,I don,t think you will need it . John

Quite the teaser photo, have a great trip!

I think this whole board is awaiting the your updates including me! Pieter is a lot of fun to hunt with. You will have an outstanding time. Keep us posted.

i think there will be a couple people taking out the double, putting in a DVD on elephant hunting to night

Sounds exciting.A father and son hunt equals good times.

"Collected?" Dang, Charlie, you are even starting to speak the "african P.H." lingo. You got it bad, but the cure is just a shot away. Good luck, man.

All Is In Order

It's the night before departure on the biggest hunt of my life. Not sure that sleep will come very easily but I'm going to try. Bryson, my son, just called to let me know that he has everything in order down in Houston and that he will be at the airport early. We are both excited to make this hunt together. Think of the stories he will tell his grandchildren years from now.

The bags are all packed and guns are secured in the case! Hope I didn't forget anything would be an understatement ......but I think I have what I need. The wife and I went to dinner and she has quizzed me to assure all items on my checklist have been packed.

It's a short flight to Atlanta in the morning with a six hour lay over. I'll keep everyone posted as I can. Here is the teaser Pieter sent this morning.....seems he has had someone out scouting!

View attachment 47295
CAustin-

Wishing you safe travels and a great journey that will build memories for all of to share in. Waiting in anticipation and looking forward to walking in your shoes.

dt

If the timing works out maybe we can have that drink in Joburg to celebrate your successful hunt. Good luck and stay safe.
Mike

Enjoy every second and time with your son(y) Look forward to hearing al the details, miles on track, heart racing moments, cold one by the fire.

Have a great time on your hunt, I can't wait to hear the stories about your elephant and Brysons giraffe. Shoot straight, be safe and may your stalks be short and your tracking time even shorter.

Wish you the best of luck Charlie, I´m sure you´ll get a nice tusker :D Cheers:

Flight to JNB
Folks everything was uneventful on the 15 hour flight. Delta served great food and took real good care of us on the flight! When we arrived in JNB a representative of Riflepermits.com was there to greet us as we exited the plane. He took us straight through passport control......I mean to the front of the line. Checked through in five minutes. Anna was there in arrivals with Pieter to take right to the the police station. No joke five minutes and we were on the way to the truck. Great job Henry at Rifle Permits....you and your team did exactly what you said you would do.

The drive to Hodespruit was about four hours and it was a great time to get to know Pieter with Paw Prints. He is a very warm and welcoming person!

First day report to follow!

When we arrived in JNB a representative of Riflepermits.com was there to greet us as we exited the plane. He took us straight through passport control......I mean to the front of the line. Checked through in five minutes.

Told you the VIP service was worth it! :)

Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks for taking the time to share. We had the same experience with the concierge service that Gracy Travel set us up with back in 2011. Now, forget about us, get out of the truck, and start hiking down those elephant paths!

Day One of Elephant The Hunt
As we arrived in camp rather late Thursday evening we slept in a little. However, we still made it up to get to the hunting area by 8:00 am. Almost the instant we started into the area we began to see spore both ground and aerial. There was no doubt that many elephants were in the immediate area. First elephant was an immature bull seen near the river at 8:15. Later a group of eight cows with calves was seen crossing through an interior Jesse block. We were challenged by one of the cows who stood in the road for a few minutes. Passing would be with her approval. A few yells and claps form the PH and she moved off. We encountered another group of eight or nine cows with a lone bull traveling with them. It was now about lunch time so we decided to take a break down by the Olifants river which was quite nice for our party of seven. After lunch were were back at it and soon came upon a group of five teenage bulls. This group did not like us around and we did get a trumpet out of one of them as we encouraged them to leave the roadside. We saw a few elephants across the river from where we worked our way down the road. In fact there were seven in plain sight out bathing.
By mid afternoon we had seen 31 elephants . As we came up over a small hill one of the trackers motioned from the front of the truck that he saw elephant. Scanning we all began to see the immense grays shapes through the trees. One small bull but two very large fellows. The biggest bodied bull would be the one to go after. Both PHs were in agreement that this bull was in The 40 pound class

You are such a tease!!!!

Stopping there....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcbuyerapp

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,