AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Hunting Video With Elephant Charge

Last edited:
Wow! Where did this take place? It's a shame the PH had to put that animal down. Probably wasn't the one the hunters were after.

This is from the "Death by Double Rifle" video. Apparently judged a unavoidable shooting by the accompanying game scout and the cow did not count against the license.

Was a very good shot. I don't think Momma jumbo was going to give these guys a kiss if she got there. Happy ending, the elephant didn't count against the license, the locals probably got a lot of meat they didnt expect and everyone went home with all their arms and legs. I have heard interviews with people that have survived Leopard, Cape Buffalo and other dangerous animal but have never heard an interview of someone who survived an attack by an elephant. I was watching a video and heard someone say that and wondered if anyone here had ever heard of a survivor.

Great bloody shot! I only heard one single round fired. I've seen other videos that took two or three rounds to bring elle to the ground.

Ha Ha, clean pair of shorts anyone........anyone? Hey where'd everybody go?

Good shot. Too bad it had to be taken, but stuff happens. Glad it didn't count against the license

I'm looking forward to the day that I can hunt ele.

I hope I have the funds one day to hunt jumbo also. Glad he didn't have to use his license.

Looks like the day to Hunt elephant just got a lot closer!

Does anyone know of a survivor of an Elephant attack where the animal got into the hunters etc. ?????

Matetsi, I believe if memory serves me well it is one of the Stiles boeties... :)

My best always

Brickburn what where those guys doing? Were they practicing aiming? He looked like a nice Bull, I would have pulled the trigger!

Brickburn what where those guys doing? Were they practicing aiming? He looked like a nice Bull, I would have pulled the trigger!

Charlie, if you did not recognize the guy on the left it was IvanCarter.
That is exactly what they were doing: Practicing approaches and aiming.
You can see that Ivan never stops talking.

He also only raises his rifle once to show the Elephant the barrel at the height of the Bulls eyes once.

Lens compression has them looking closer than they are but they are close enough for that tree to almost hit them.

Last edited:
Wow great video!

By following his hand gestures you can accurately interpret that he is explaining the only constant on a pivoting Elephant head which would be to connect the zygomatic arches.... (Imaginary line) which provides a constant Reference for point of aim no matter how the head tilts up or downwards.

Great footage!

My best always

By following his hand gestures you can accurately interpret that he is explaining the only constant on a pivoting Elephant head which would be to connect the zygomatic arches.... (Imaginary line) which provides a constant Reference for point of aim no matter how the head tilts up or downwards.
Here is the imaginary line that Jaco is referring to…

Elephant Front View Shot Placement

shot_placement_elephant.jpg

perfect_shot_elephant.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaco can you estimate please the length of that elephants tusks? Are they 30 pounders? I am trying to learn to judge. I understand that it's roughly length times inches around equals weight. So I'm thinking three feet exposed by 10 inches around maybe 36 pounds?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stewartsDucky

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber