Reaction score
Website
www.highplainstaxidermy.com
Media
Member of
SCI,NRA, Pheasants Forever, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Hunted
South Africa
As a recently retired dean from a small community college in Kansas, I have decided to create an online course to educate people regarding "Hunting and Conservation". I have been collecting information, comments, data, facts from this site and other sources. In particular, success stories from such countries as Namibia and South Africa with their approach to wildlife conservation. And..to compare these success stories with opposite results such as what has happened to Kenya when sport hunting was stopped. In my own country, multiple examples exist with white-tailed deer, elk, turkey, waterfowl, and upland game. I want to be able to use international success examples where hunter dollars and efforts directly help game management. Any sources or examples would be greatly appreciated.....just give me a link or source that I can research.

Thank you,
Barry B. Kaaz
bbkaaz@gmail.com

Barry kudos to you!

Conservation success stories from southern Africa would include, but are not limited to:

Southern White Rhino
Black Wildebeest
Bontebok
Nyala

Wishing you much luck with this endeavor .

Barry kudos to you!

Conservation success stories from southern Africa would include, but are not limited to:

Southern White Rhino
Black Wildebeest
Bontebok
Nyala

Wishing you much luck with this endeavor .
Thomas,
Thanks....I have the DVD on white rhino success and I want to get permission to incorporate video into the class. Was not aware of black wildebeest, bonebok, and nyala but will check it out.

@barryk , I will email you about our success in Mozambique.

I salute you for your efforts and would enjoy seeing the finished product when completed.

This is a story of the success of the Bubye Valley Conservancy. It might help.

Got into a bit of a battle last week on FB. That frigging @TOM guy, he loves to taunt the anti's with silly things like facts and data, and well he sucked me into this post that the 'hero' Richard Branson was advocating for the end of hunting.

I just couldn't help myself for some reason and joined in the fray. Got called all sorts of names and what not. But I must say I held my cool and just kept coming back at them with those same silly facts. Time and time again I brought up Kenya and the decimation of the wildlife there due to the end of legal regulated hunting and the subsequent rise of poaching.

Not one time did any of the laptop experts challenge the results in Kenya of ending hunting. Hell I couldn't even get them to respond to it, not once. Finally one of the ladies, who was white I might add, and from Zimbabwe acknowledged that she didn't respond to my remarks on Kenya because per her own admission she had no information regarding Kenya. She had no knowledge that the Kenyan wildlife populations had plummeted with the end of hunting there.

Point being, it certainly is important to educate on the positive outcomes of regulated hunting, but we can not over stress the downfall to wildife that occurs when hunting is abolished.

Good on you @barryk for doing your part, I wish you well!

Got into a bit of a battle last week on FB. That frigging @TOM guy, he loves to taunt the anti's with silly things like facts and data, and well he sucked me into this post that the 'hero' Richard Branson was advocating for the end of hunting.

I just couldn't help myself for some reason and joined in the fray. Got called all sorts of names and what not. But I must say I held my cool and just kept coming back at them with those same silly facts. Time and time again I brought up Kenya and the decimation of the wildlife there due to the end of legal regulated hunting and the subsequent rise of poaching.

Not one time did any of the laptop experts challenge the results in Kenya of ending hunting. Hell I couldn't even get them to respond to it, not once. Finally one of the ladies, who was white I might add, and from Zimbabwe acknowledged that she didn't respond to my remarks on Kenya because per her own admission she had no information regarding Kenya. She had no knowledge that the Kenyan wildlife populations had plummeted with the end of hunting there.

Point being, it certainly is important to educate on the positive outcomes of regulated hunting, but we can not over stress the downfall to wildife that occurs when hunting is abolished.

Good on you @barryk for doing your part, I wish you well!
Thanks, Phil....we must keep up the fight!

I salute you for your efforts and would enjoy seeing the finished product when completed.

This is a story of the success of the Bubye Valley Conservancy. It might help.

Wheels,
An excellent video......videos like this can be embedded in the course material. Thanks! Barry

Plenty of research at the Universities in South Africa.
Get in the web and into their libraries. More dissertations on the subject at hand than you can shake a stick a t.

good luck.

Plenty of research at the Universities in South Africa.
Get in the web and into their libraries. More dissertations on the subject at hand than you can shake a stick a t.

good luck.
Thank you, Brickburn.....will research.

The writings of Shane Mahoney are rife with the kind of stuff you are looking for. It is hard to keep all my magazines straight, but I think he writes for the Boone and Crockett magazine. One area of focus for him is North American Wildlife Model. I think he is out of Newfoundland.

For some background on Africa-focused on Kenya and for pure reading enjoyment I highly recommend "Game Changer" by Glen Martin. Whenever I want to go back to Africa, I read a few pages of this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Changer-...&qid=1440641338&sr=1-16&keywords=Game+Changer

The writings of Shane Mahoney are rife with the kind of stuff you are looking for. It is hard to keep all my magazines straight, but I think he writes for the Boone and Crockett magazine. One area of focus for him is North American Wildlife Model. I think he is out of Newfoundland.

For some background on Africa-focused on Kenya and for pure reading enjoyment I highly recommend "Game Changer" by Glen Martin. Whenever I want to go back to Africa, I read a few pages of this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Changer-...&qid=1440641338&sr=1-16&keywords=Game+Changer
Thanks, Breaker...I ordered the book this evening from Amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!