Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
I just found this article on the subject and not unlike other histrionic press releases this one takes the cake for pure falsehoods and exaggeration.

ALLDAYS MASSACRE (How's that for a title.?)

Yesterday, on Monday the 7th September, a “driven hunt” went ahead on three game farms just outside of the town of Alldays in South Africa’s Limpopo province.

A statement by the NSPCA said: “Hundreds of wild animals will be killed in a mass slaughter…. A variety of wild animals including antelope, baboon and warthog will be chased down a specially cleared 2km stretch of land into a wall of gunfire. Foreign hunters will be standing on purpose built platforms along the slaughter strip ready to take pot shots at these terrified animal. The animals have no chance of evading the onslaught and the hunters have no way of ensuring a clean shot or a humane death. The animal ‘ targets’ are moving and there is
no way to control the species or age of the animals that will be killed. The animals will likely not be used for meat or trophies as their bodies will be riddled with lead. The hunt will last for one week and hundreds of animals will be injured and or killed daily. Hundreds of animals will suffer, just to entertain a few individuals.”

Driven hunting is not illegal in South Africa but is widely considered unethical and inhumane, and not killing an animal outright or with a second shot immediately, is a contravention of the Animals Protection Act.

Despite an outcry from the public, which even included a news insert on Carte Blanche, the hunt went ahead yesterday. The NSPCA has confirmed that 18 animals were killed on Monday, including gemsbok, eland, wildebeest, warthogs, impala and duiker.

source of the BS: africageographic

BS: “Hundreds of wild animals will be killed

REALITY: The NSPCA has confirmed that 18 animals were killed on

BS : hundreds of animals will be injured and or killed daily.

REALITY: The math speaks for itself. 18 vs hundreds.

BS: The animals will likely not be used for meat or trophies as their bodies will be riddled with lead

REALITY: The NSPCA's own photo inside the cooler room.
alldays-driven-hunt.jpg

BS: no way of ensuring a clean shot

REALITY: I can readily see a spine shot, heart shot and a lung/liver shot in animals in this picture above.

Have note heard word one about anyone being charged or about the hundreds of animals they recovered that were wounded during this hunt by the NSPCA during their four days of Access under a warrant.

Who was the idiot who granted that warrant?

It sure whipped the righteous into a frenzy and sold some subscriptions and got some more donations.

Attachments

• alldays-driven-hunt.jpg
    alldays-driven-hunt.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 74
This proves there is no way to ethically and cleanly kill running game. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross