Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
I have to say that is a corker.

"You, Europeans, you have eaten all your animals," Joseph Pili Pili, a senior official from the Congolese Ministry of Hydrocarbons, told the BBC, "and now you ask us to turn our backs on money the country desperately needs, the people desperately need, to protect animals?"

Want to find the "true" source of a problem in the DRC? Look past the corrupt government and wholesale supposed "Army units for sale and follow the money. Corporations and companies from countries all around the world paying "Army" forces or rebel factions protection money in order to further their interests. As long as the rest of the world keeps going after the resources of the DRC and everyone else looks the other way, there is no hope at protecting the wildlife or stabilising a country that has tremendous possibilities. Government corruption and foreign corporation interests together equal disaster for the future of the DRC.

It's hard to get rich off bribes unless you can grant something that others want and are willing to pay for. Shift blame/change the topic....African politicians/beaurocrats have learned that it works because no one calls them on it.

Spike, couldn't agree more. DRC needs a government that serves its people or more importantly finds it economically viable to serve its people and not the corporations propping up the government. A democratic form of government can't just be "parachuted" in on a country, it takes time to grow. There are folks there who get the concept, trouble is they don't get to stay around long usually .... DRC has some amazing wildlife that is rapidly disappearing and unfortunately can't wait for the idea of a true democratic government to grow. M23 Rebels and other factions offering Virunga tours to western journalists/tourists in order to further fund their cause probably isn't helping the area much either. They asked me when I finished up my last tour in the DRC how long it would take to have "normalcy" in the area, I checked off the 20 year box ... it was the biggest number they had. I sincerely hope that the guys who are trying to do right can continue the progress required to turn the DRC in to what it could potentially be both for the people and the wildlife! I for one would love to be able to say I hunted DRC before my time here on earth is finished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!