Double Rifle 750 Nitro Express

Discussion in 'Double Rifles' started by AfricaHunting.com, Feb 18, 2010.

1. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    Big 750 NE

With the weight of the big boy at 26 plus pounds.

By looking at the photos this guns has some major engineering built into so that it is a shoot-able piece.

The recoil should be manageable.:)

Most posters on the forum are shooting guns that weigh less than 9 lbs.
    And from talking to PH's one of the things that they bring up is that the clientele are poor shots.

I have a trap guns that weigh over 11 pounds and i am able to shoot them all day long up to 900 rounds and not take a pounding.

I have a perazzi trap trap gun that was fitted from the factory and weight about 8 pounds and can shoot that one all day and not take a pounding.

Now even if my 8 pound perazzi fires both barrels at the same time that smarts, however i am still on my moving target.

But of course shooting 10,000 to 15,000 rounds a year in my trap gun keeps my hand eye coordination in full gear.

If they were looking for a person to give this big boy at run i would volunteer.
  2. Ray Atkinson

Ray Atkinson AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI Dallas
    Hunted:
    RSA, Botswana, CAR, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, Kenya way back when, and a few others that I can't remember.
    The first elephant ever shot with a modern 700 N.E. escaped wounded. My guess it the guys left arm gave way and he shot LOW!

I have a thing about packing any rifle that weighs over 10 lbs around in the African heat and on those long treks, that I have grown to hate in my golden years.:) much to the discern of some of my younger PH friends, who have yet to develope those symptons that are associated with old age such as lazy, laxidasicalness, a great need for creature comforts and so fourth.
  3. Raythor2

Raythor2 New Member

Member of:
    DSC, SCI
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zim
    As for the .750 NE you are right the weight of the rifle is very high but if it was a 9 or 10 pound rifle it would rip your shoulder socket apart on the first shot. Also if I could run with a 35 pound 50 BMG all day in the military humping a 26 pound rifle is no sweat in the African heat. How much for one and where can I get one
  4. AkMike

AkMike AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA-Life ASSRA DRSS
    I'm sure that H&H could set you right up for a down payment of $250,000 USD. Balance on delivery.
  5. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    I think it would make a "interesting" outdoor tv show, lugging that big gun around shooting game. Wish I had the power and influence to make it happen. It would better than those two gophers hunting in AK and the Yukon for the Sportsman Channel.
  6. Raythor2

Raythor2 New Member

Member of:
    DSC, SCI
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zim
    Yes that would make a good outdoor show to watch the host just dragging after having to work hard for once
  7. bebo

bebo AH Veteran

I dont see the gun carriage ?
    It is more than reasonnable ...:clap: maybe ?:puppydogeyes:
  8. Cliffy

Cliffy AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
    It begs the question about who sat at the bench and regulated the barrels? Or was he a coward and used a Lead Sled?
  9. AkMike

AkMike AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA-Life ASSRA DRSS
    Even using a lead sled piled high I don't think that I'd call the trigger man a coward..

Not with that beast!
  10. duckman90

duckman90 AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    DU
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, USA
    Any video of it being shot, or used on game?