Don't try this at home!!!!!!!

Mr. 16 gauge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I found this to be absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!!

Quite interesting to hear the science behind it......but I don't think I'd want to be a human guinea pig! Esp. if there is a risk of anaphilaxis............although that is probably more treatable than trying to treat the neurotoxins!

And here I thought Steve Irwin(R.I.P), was crazy...........

I found this to be absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!!
I found this to be absolutely incredibly stupid! :eek: Did I mention I'm not a big fan of snakes o_O
Thanks for posting though. It is very interesting.

I'm not a big fan of snakes either, but when I saw this, I thought that "Wow, there is a potential there to save lives". Be interesting to see if one could build up some sort of vaccine or program using recombinant DNA and human antibodies, instead of horse serum.

I tell you what, if there was a snake bite vaccine I might be the first dude in line :D
I have a picture that I won't post 'cuz it's not me. Buddy of mine holding a dang big rattlesnake he just had to catch a few months ago while we were out in the desert shooting. He likes snakes...??? :eek: Go figure.

No f***ing way would you catch me agreeing to have a Black Mamba chew on my arm!!! :eek:

I like snakes... even poisonous ones. but I still think its stupid to just let a "hot" snake bite you just to show people you wont die. from a medical standpoint this guy is probably pretty useful though, a willing guinea pig.

-matt

I like snakes... even poisonous ones. but I still think its stupid to just let a "hot" snake bite you just to show people you wont die..

-matt

Hence the reason I entitled this thread, "DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!!";)
I found this video interesting not only because I found it shocking that someone would allow themselves to be bitten by a black mamba, but I feel that there are a lot of undiscovered treatments/cures for human ailments where the key might potentially be locked in snake venom. I read a research paper where mice with tumors were treated with cobra venom, and the tumors actually shrunk and were readsorbed by the body I realize that this is a long way off from a "cure", but it appears that the potential is there.........

Found an article about this guy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2448307/Man-claims-snake-bite-immunity-injecting-venom.html

He definitely doesn't look very healthy though...

Hey!!! He lives in what looks like a basement with a bunch of venomous snakes!!!:confused: I think a little fresh air and sunlight might do him a world of good.....................;):D. Looks like he could use a bag of potato chips and some soda as well.
Actually, I wasn't too impressed with whomever wrote that article; the photo they showed of an "anaphylactic reaction" is definetely NOT an anapyhalatic reaction.......if it was, he would be down on the floor and not breathing!!!!!

No way, I don't believe this for one moment. This Black Mamba is either a Venomoid or it just had been been milked totally bone dry prior to performing this stupid stunt.

Here is more on Venomoid from Wikiprdia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venomoid

A venomoid is a venomous snake that has undergone a surgical procedure to remove or inhibit the production of venom. This procedure has been used for venomous snakes, kept for pets or used in public demonstrations, to remove the risk of injury or death when handled. The removal of venom glands or fangs of exhibited animals may be by surgery or simple mutilation; some or all of these procedures have been considered illegal and unethical. Removal of fangs is uncommon, as snakes frequently regenerate teeth, and the more invasive procedure of removing the underlying maxillary bone would be fatal. Most venomoid procedures consist of either removing the venom gland itself, or severing the duct between the gland and the fang. However, the duct and gland have been known to regenerate, and supposedly "safe" snakes have killed mice and successfully envenomated humans.

Advocates of this procedure state that it is done for safety reasons and have published methods for this surgery. However, this procedure is highly controversial amongst herpetologists, and is considered animal cruelty by many experts on venomous snakes, particularly in reference to this procedure being performed by unlicensed hobbyists with inadequate analgesia. For instance, a veterinarian review on reptile surgery published in 2006 stated that "such practices should be discouraged" due to both ethical and animal welfare concerns.

Legal questions have been raised about amateur venomoid surgeries, since the Australian 1986 Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act states that animals must be anesthetized for the duration of an operation. In 2007 the Victoria state government amended the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1986 to ban the removal of venom glands from snakes unless performed for a therapeutic reason by a registered veterinarian. In addition, a 2008 government tribunal ruled that venomoid snakes cannot be handled by members of the public, due to the risk of the venom glands regrowing.

I agree. That dude would start getting real sick within 20 minutes, if that Mamba had venom in it.

Well, there is certainly one way to find out.......milk the snake and find out if it's venomoid or not.

Not much into snakes, I think I'll forgo this.

Fake???? I think so!

What would the levels of stupidity be.
Dumb.
Stupid.
Black Mamba?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!