Does anyone know anything about this double rifle?

sandman0921

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI (Life), RMEF (Life), DU, NWTF, NRA (Patron Life), GOA, DSC (Life), WSF (Life), B&C Club (Sponsor Associate Member), USSA (Associate Member)
Hunted
USA (GA, TN, AR, TX, FL, UT, NM, WY, MT, AK, IL, MO, IA); Canada (NWT, BC); Africa (Tanzania)
The Rizzini Rhino Express in 470 NE or 500 NE. I know these guys make fairly good shotguns, but I'd never heard of their double rifles until I saw it mentioned on another forum. As far as looks go, it looks very nice, and of course the price is nice to. I wonder how it compares to the Merkel and Chapuis rifles in the same price point?

I may see if they're at the SCI Convention this week. I'd like to handle one at least......

http://www.rizziniusa.com/products/double-rifles/rhino-express

Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 10.00.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 10.00.14 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If looks alone count, she is a winner!

I used a Rizzini shotgun while dove hunting in South America in 2014. A Columbian with alleged Cartel ties insisted I use it. Refusing was not an option. I shot about 500 shells thru it. Looked at it very carefully. The fit and finish was completely first class. I'll bet they are new in the double rifle market, but it looks great, and I'll bet they want to keep their great reputation. Price is comparable to the cheaper Kreighoffs and below the Merkel.............thanks for foto.....................FWB

decent looking rifle, but this isn't the first time an Italian shotgun maker tried to produce a double rifle and the Sabatti double left a very bad taste in my mouth. however with a $10k price perhaps they took the time to properly regulate these rifles unlike Sabatti.

-matt

It sure looks good. I read a review in a hunting magazine a while back and it seems like it might be a viable option. Only time will tell wether they are good or not. But then again if it fits well and shoots well and the price fits your budget then buy it

i sent them an email asking for a bunch of details on the rifles.

-matt

Matt,

I'd be curious to see the answers you receive to your questions. I agree with sierraone, it looks like a nice rifle but the question will be how it functions and shoots. It's definitely a rifle to keep an eye on.

I forgot about Sabatti.............Matt is right.............It did not even have a round bore............often oblong..................well, Rizinni is a very high end maker, so we'll see...........FWB

I wanted to bump this old thread to see if anyone had gotten any experience with these over the last few years since released. I have a few of their shotguns and have nothing but good things to say.

I have owned a Rizzini shotgun and an O/U 9,3x74R. It was beautifully made and well regulated. It was also very light. The SXS version would make for a quicker reload as I thought the O/U had a longer arc for extraction. I don't the caliber is made as DGR so that probably wasn't an issue. Thats not to say the caliber hasn't taken dangerous game, just my opinion that a side by side seems more suitable. I have had no experience with their larger bore sxs but I don't think you will be disappointed. Good luck with your choice and purchase. At $10k+, there are several other makers that serve very well in the larger bore. I am sure your research has uncovered those as well. Take a trip to the factory and shoot one. They will give you the royal treatment. then you can pick our your wood and be fitted. A proper fitted DG, especially for DGR, is a must

I forgot about Sabatti.............Matt is right.............It did not even have a round bore............often oblong..................well, Rizinni is a very high end maker, so we'll see...........FWB
So Sabatti was only trying to resurrect the Lancaster oval bore :sneaky:

Just bought one in 470 NE. Getting it this week

decent looking rifle, but this isn't the first time an Italian shotgun maker tried to produce a double rifle and the Sabatti double left a very bad taste in my mouth. however with a $10k price perhaps they took the time to properly regulate these rifles unlike Sabatti.

-matt
UNREGULATED SABATTI,at 50 yards,two different loads.

001 (3).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross