Does a stuck bolt result in a damaged rifle?

Before you shoot that batch of ammo take random rounds and pull the bullets and check if the powder weight still in specs and primer seating and neckspacing etc. If there is one or more that is suspect redo all ammo in that batch.

As advice of above never shoot someone else's reloaded ammo. It could result in a costly experience

Before you shoot that batch of ammo take random rounds and pull the bullets and check if the powder weight still in specs and primer seating and neckspacing etc. If there is one or more that is suspect redo all ammo in that batch.

As advice of above never shoot someone else's reloaded ammo. It could result in a costly experience

If it was a small batch, I'd pull it all. It'll make you flinch every time you pull the trigger.

And you've still got a jammed gun, just no way to open the bolt.

Typically the bolt lifts but will no go rearward, people pound it and break the handle off at the weld. A punch and hammer will get the bolt open, then placed in a vice/jig and heat to braze it into position. The extra metal gets in the bolt guide and has to be cleaned out before the bolt will close. Lots of time consuming work and fitting/filing. polishing then re-finish.
Not an easy job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross