Do you need to pay in the currency that your passport is from? What is it really?

neilr

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi, I'm researching for my first trip to Africa; probably Namibia.

I'm getting frustrated reading about different interpretation of rules/laws. I don't want to travel that far only to find out I've broken some rule/law.

Here is the latest (exactly as posted on an outfitter's website):

"Please Note: As per Namibian Law you need to pay in currency that your passport is from"

I'm from Canada so do I "have" to pay in Canadian dollars? I imagine most outfitters want either $US or Euros.

Is this really a Namibian law?

thanks for any help,

Neil

As far as I know, most outfitters in Namibia want Euro, but I guess $US is OK too.

"Please Note: As per Namibian Law you need to pay in currency that your passport is from"

Neil, I have never heard of such regulation but it might very well be a written law in Namibia. Personally I would question the motivation of this particular outfitter for even mentioning or referring to such law on their website, if it is indeed even a written law, I don't see any reason for this.

Most Namibian hunting outfitters will have their price list in either US Dollar and Euro or both, and a few will have their prices listed in Namibian Dollar. As you mentioned the majority of outfitters will want to get paid either in US Dollar or Euro, but as they all operate a bit differently you may want to find out the specifics from the ones that you are considering hunting with.

On this subject, here is the link to further information, just scroll down to the money section: Travel Documents & Money

Neil, never heard of anything like that before...they will gladly take Euros or US dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross