Do you need high boots in SA by June?

Technologist

AH member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
I'm getting a new pair of boots for an antelope hunt in the area around Kimberley SA. I'm looking at two different models and I can't decide wether to go with 8" or 11" boots (height).

Is it likely that I'll have to cross many small rivers and streams?

Although it's nice to have a good pair of allround boots I'm tempted to go with the lower ones due to their low weight and because I imagine they won't be as warm. Both options are of the leather/rubber shell variety that last forever but require the use of wool socks for comfort. I already have a pair of really heavy and warm winter boots.

I'd go with the lowers. The area around Kimberly is fairly arid, though they've been getting a fair amount of rain this year. But streams/rivers are not common. A light boot that won't heat up your feet would be my choice.

The lower's for sure. Unless you are hunting during the rainy season, streams and rivers are not an issue.

In 2002 in the East Cape one week prior to my hunt, they had the most rain in the past 10 years. We did have to cross river beds with running water but by bakke. Could not hunt the bushbuck for the roads to the farm were washed out, fences washed out and animals killed.

Enjoy your hunt.

"A dream can be relived, again and again in Africa".

This should answer the question:

Attachments

• KimberleyRainfall_zps1eaa8219.jpg
    KimberleyRainfall_zps1eaa8219.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 122

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg