JamesJ

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
20762d1372698941-discounted-montana-mule-deer-hunt-hunting-mule-deer.jpg

One of our hunting outfitters in Montana was just notified of some additional over the counter tags in his area. His hunts are 4 days long and include 1 trophy mule deer, average in the area is 160″ but with a great spring and 2 easy winters, he thinks the potential for some great deer is definitely high and hopes to see some deer hit the 180″ mark this season. His normal hunt price is $3,995 + license and tag, for a 4 day 1 deer hunt, he is willing to discount them to $3,600 plus license and tag ($565) for our clients. if you are interested please let me know quickly as I don't expect them to last.

Attachments

• hunting-mule-deer.jpg
    hunting-mule-deer.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi James sounds like a nice offer at a pretty good price. What outfitter would one be hunting with and what all is included in the hunt i.e. airport pickup and return, lodging meals things of that nature. Bob

Hi Bob,

Hunt price does not include airport pickup ($250 RT) and meat processing ($95) if needed. it does include the meals, lodging, guiding and one mule deer. Pm sent on the outfitter.

I know you're the "exclusive agent", but I kind of thought that all info has to be posted publicly when advertising a hunt...nice offer though.

Can we find out who the outfitter is? And why does your website offer hunts to Turkmenistan? Hunting has been closed there for years...glad you took China off your Asian list though.

Hi bwanawannabe,

Hopefully you are doing well, I have not posted the outfitters name, this was a special sent to me for AH members. It was not meant for distribution to the general public. i'll gladly send you the outfitters name in a PM if you would like.

Sorry for the confusion on the website, I'm still proofing it for errors, thanks for catching that one.

I know you're the "exclusive agent", but I kind of thought that all info has to be posted publicly when advertising a hunt...nice offer though.

bwanawannabe, this rule is in place to eliminate shady or misleading offerings on AH and part of the reason why AH has now an exclusive hunting agent is so that we know this is a person who can be trusted, just like Lori Spears is the exclusive travel agent for AH. I chose to work with Lori because I knew that I could expect a great outcome for the members and visitors of AH by recommending her. I could have allowed 10 travel agents to promote themselves on the site however I want AH to be a place that people can get the right advice, connect with good companies and just not be the wild wild west as so much of the internet is so I am allowing James to be the exclusive hunting agent for AH and sell hunts on here without posting the outfitters' name. Should you want more details about a hunt that he is offering, feel free to contact him anytime, he will gladly discuss any of the finer points of the offer with you.

Last edited:
Hi James,

I figured out it was a special of some sort. I just thought the rules were the rules and am used to Jerome putting a red flag up if all the details aren't posted...legitimate or not. I'm not interested in the hunt myself but somebody should be. Being from Saskatchewan I'm blessed with having hunting for some of the biggest mulies on the continent for about $50 and don't see myself going on an outfitter mule deer hunt anytime soon. If I ever pull a tag from the AZ strip it will be a different story though.

No worries. I'm fairly well versed in the Asian hunting arena and that was a bit suspicious to me right away. Asia being Asia, many places or species that can't be hunted are easily reached or taken for a price. Just thought I should clear things up.

Jerome,

I kind of figured that by cutting things down to one agent. I've used Lori cause of this site and had excellent service. I'm a bit puzzled by the hunting agent part though cause there were a few legitimate agents that posted here regularly and needed no extensive background checks. There was a certain fellow that was offering hunts to Kyrgyzstan that should have been banned or something a lot sooner than he was considering how quickly you sniff out the bad bugs.

bwanawannabe,

you are blessed to live up there. If I knew then what I know now (it still wouldn't be that much), but I would have found a job in Canada for a few years and taken advantage of the hunting.

Good luck with that tag in AZ, that one take dedication, pulling that tag is tough.

Yeah I'm pretty lucky with the hunting I have right around home. I only had time for 1.5 days of mulie hunting last fall but saw three typical bucks between 170-185, one was really young so we didn't even attempt a stalk, and one monster NT that would've been over 30" and at least 210". Fingers crossed I get a gun tag this year! I honestly don't ever expect to draw a tag (same goes for desert bighorn) in AZ but I'll put in just in case. Maybe I'll put in for the management hunt and go after a cactus buck one year.

The deer and waterfowl keep me here but I'd like to go west and get over the counter sheep tags one of these years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darrell572

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg