Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI and PHASA
Hunted
South Africa and Zambia
Hi guy’s

I was just wondering how many clients out there actually sign their ph’s register at the end of the hunt?

This might come across to be a dumb question but it is most probably that most important document that you will sign during your hunt, It should also prove to you that your ph is fully licensed to conduct the hunt.

The Outfitter should sign each ph’s register as well.

I know that I might be stating the obvious but you will be surprised how many clients don’t even see a ph register let alone sign it.

Looking forward to your feedback! :smoking:

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

What I find most disturbing about hunting in Africa....is that you aren't handed a book of rules and regulations...so you know what the law is....If you hunt is state like Montana, you are responsible for knowing all the rules and regulations. Of course we have a ton of lawyers in the USA. But at every airport....there should be a book...on the clients rights.

I wish this website had all the information...I'd print a copy off....or email to a friend. As a client I had no idea how you know if a hunt is conducted lawfully, do you know all the CITES rules for the animals you are hunting, the night hunting rules, What TOPES permit, etc. Last time I checked we are in the year 2010 and not the 1800's.

enysse, Much of the basic rules and regulations can be found by country in the Hunting Information section of AH, check it out by clicking here.

Hi Eric

You are making some very good points here I think that the Outfitter is responsible for most of it since you sign a declaration swearing to uphold these exact values and laws.

The client should not be held responsible for providing the right documentation however he should be aware of the procedure and in most cases his signature is required to make the document legal.

Eric to be perfectly honest AH has loads of information more than any client should ever require so to speak.

The problem here is not putting a policeman on every corner it is a combination of things here are a few in my opinion.

1. You should always make sure that you are aware of the documents needed to perform a legal hunt this info has to be provided to you by the Outfitter (if he does not there is something wrong).

2. Each country has a governing body and I am sure you can find the correct procedure of permit application on their web site. Or if need be one can contact them directly. www.phasa.co.za/ (This is the Outfitters responsibilities):eek:

3. The governing body should act against any Ph or Outfitter who is not complying with the law of the country or who is misleading the clients.:mad:

4. The bottom line is if it sounds too good to be true it usually is there is a reason why certain operations cant drop their prices to rock bottom.:) Most of the reputable outfitter advertize on quite a large scale some go to shows others are sponsors on well recognized forums this costs money. Then the paperwork that has to be done takes time and money. Not to even mention what is costs to take care of your own land and or make sure that your concessions are fully up and running keep camp staff and building new chalets or skinning room to provide the best possible service to clients.

It is easy to just drive around and shoot on other farmers land and take no responsibility for the clients skins in the form of field preparation sure then you can afford to sell hunts for dirt cheap and if you screw up guess what who cares because you will not lose a farm or concession rights.:crying:

Eric I will most probably get in to trouble over this but I feel that some clients are their own worst enemy they are looking for the best possible deal out there which I can certainly not blame them for but unfortunately they are bound to get hurt and guess what this so called special in not so great then the poor clients are left asking who put them in this position?

In the ideal world this should not happen but the truth in the matter is there are crooks everywhere!

This is exactly why I asked my original question.
Have you signed your PH’s register before you left?
Just a yes or no is required.
It will be very interesting to get some stats as to that simple but very important concept.
Cheers Louis

NO,
Not that i remember anyway.

Thanks Thunder Head!:thumb:

This will really make a difference If we can get a few more we might be able to identify a problem and get some people to work on it this will make the hunting industry a better place for us all.

Cheers Louis

Not on my first safari. I have since then though!

Louis emailed me the PH's Register to show you the form that he is referring to, you will find attached two forms in pdf file format, one of them blank and the other filled. This form, called South African Professional Hunting Register and Trophy Export Application, is signed by the three parties involved, the professional hunter, hunting outfitter and hunting client. Note that the professional hunter can also be the hunting outfitter.

Attachments

• blank_ph_register.pdf
    150.2 KB · Views: 98
  • filled_ph_register.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 136
I did in 2008 and will sign again in 2010.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross