Did hunting save your life?

Like @enysse I know for a fact that hunting has made my life fuller. I wouldn't have missed out on any hunt.....even those where I sat on a deer stand in the rain and got nothing. Will it make me live longer??? I don't know but the have been a lot of great moments with my family and friends hunting.

all I know is that if I didn't hunt, id have a lot more money in the bank!!!
cant eat money,cant pet money,cant look at money and relive an exciting hunt,you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
id say the 20 years my wife and i have planed and hunted together have been a very strong cement that has held us together to enjoy many more years together.

In 2010 I had given up on my dream of Africa, I weighed over 270# with a 46"+ waist. I couldn't keep up with my buddies pheasant hunting in the panhandle

2012 my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. After her surgery and treatment (a long couple of years) we both decided we had to loose weight. Seven months later I am down 80+ pounds with a 34" waist.

In 2014 with our 40th anniversary coming up the next year and her cancer behind us (which it never really is) we or she decided we would go to Africa so I could live my dream. I proceed to get myself into the best condition I could, probably better than when I was in my 20's

We had a great time at Cruiser Safari, my wife said I was like a kid in a candy store. I think my PH was more warnout at the end of each day than I was.

I have kept it the weight off, and my wife and I have booked hunts for New Mexico this fall, Scotland next fall and back to RSS in 2018

SO YES HUNTING HAS CHANGED OR EVEN SAVED MY LIFE

I am not sure if I am more jealous of your will power or your upcoming hunts...I think both!

A great wife helps a lot
She does not hunt but loves that I do and likes the trophies in the house
She has really encouraged the chance in me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you