35bore

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
Hunted
USA, South Africa, France
I had a fantastic time hanging out with SpikeT at the SCI Vegas show. While there he introduced me to a gentleman who has been dealing with Mike on a regular basis with his safari gear for his hunting concession in Zambia. (Sorry Mike, I don't remember the name of the company you buy your shirts through) The name of the clothing line is called "Diamondown", and it is friggin' amazing.

Here in Missouri, we have been suffering from a unusual cold spell, and this stuff works. Diamondown is thin and lightweight, incredibly soft and comfortable to wear. In addition to wicking moisture away from the body, it blocks heat transfer. While at SCI and speaking to the designer of this fabric, (former NASA), he showed us a picture of a Navy Seal in infrared, who was wearing the top, but had wool on bottom. You could see the heat loss from everywhere but the top.

I'm not much for a product plug, but on this one I have to. Check out their site, and make the investment. I have been a fan of wool for many years, but these undergarments work 10 fold better than wool. I personally like the fact that you can't be picked up by infrared sights, plus the fact that the critters can't see the heat transfer.

It was well worth the investment.

do you have a link ,35?:

hi scott the gentlemen are from Tag Safari Travel, Hunting and Outdoor Gear and as you say those clothes work. i wore the under top and socks clay shooting last thurs and the wind was cold but i was very comfortable and only had a shirt and light fleece type jacket on. without the diamondown top and socks i know i would have been been very cold . it was good as i didnt have too many clothes on so it wasnt awkward shooting.

I took my father, who is a fanatical snow skier, to DSC this year and after talking to the NASA guy who invented these he decided to buy a set and give them a try. He LOVES them! Very warm and work in the very cold, plus not seeming to get too hot when it isn't so cold.

I will have a set for next elk season for sure.

Living in very northern Canada this is intriguing. Has anyone compared this to something like Helly Hansen? The Helly is good but if this stuff is better I'll be all over it......or it will be all over me I should say.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stewartsDucky

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber