Deer Pictures

Discussion in 'Hunting Pictures' started by TimLittlefield, Apr 23, 2013.

1. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    No need really. Just wondering about your conclusion without seeing the question.

2. bluey

bluey GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers SFP
    Hunted:
    australia south africa (limpopo, north west,eastcape) canada (b.c)
    gday archer36
    l think theres deer that size everywhere its just letting them live long enough to reach there full potential .
    and of course being in the right spot when they walk out helps .
    if one was inclined to score a cracker like that what number would you guess him to be ???

3. LIBERTY

LIBERTY New Member

About 50 years ago I started my hunting carrier in the UP. Never killed a dandy buck like that!!!!!! Must have had your heart going pitter patter for a while. Congratulations on one damn fine animal!!!! Liberty

4. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
    If that is a preserve buck he would be a management buck. That 135-140" buck is real nice and obviously mature, he would be a great trophy from Michigan - wild and free. Don't compare the rack to the person, compare it to the deers head, it has nice mass which looks bigger compared to the short beams, short tines and narrow spread. Nice buck but no high fence monster.

5. archer36

archer36 AH Member

My Photos:
    We are referring to the non-typical deer, not the typical one. If you scored the non-typical, it would be the new world record, hence my contention that it is high fence. You will never see this deer in the books.

6. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    I didn't say anything, I thought it looked like a preserve deer, not that if it was one, it would not bother me. There are still big deer taken in Michigan, just on select properties that have food plots and feed the deer year round.
    The non-typical is very nice deer, but FAR FROM A WORLD RECORD! And that is all I will say.

7. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
    Sorry I didn't scroll up enough, stopped at the 1st UP buck I saw. The NT will have a 145" gross typical frame with insane mass and nearly 20" of NT showing puts him in the low 160s far far from the world record (333" isn't it?)

You are right on one point though, we will never see him in the book, he is nowhere near the minimum size for entry. Gorgeous buck that I would love to call my own though.

8. AdriaanW

AdriaanW AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DCS, PHASA, SA Hunters, Xtreem Archery, Rowland Ward, WRSA
    My 30" Roland Ward Fallow Deer taken in the North West province in South Africa.

I used my 85lb PSE Omen with a Black Mamba Arrow and a 125g Rage broadhead. I took him at 16 meters and it was a beautiful heart shot :)

IMG_2662.jpg