Dedicated To Our Trackers

All trackers I have met were extremely talented, but the two that stand out the most were Obert and Stamford with Save Safaris in Zim. I shot a blue duiker in the shoulder at 200 yds. They offered, almost pleaded to go after him in grass just as tall as the duiker. They found him three more times that day with no blood trail at all.

DSC00681.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
No words can describe the dedication a good tracker will have for a hunt. Neither of these two would let me help in any way carry this bushbuck down a mountain side.
image.jpg

First excellent post. They are deffinatly the unsung hero's. One of the things I always admired about Capstick was the respect and credit he always gave to his trackers/gun bearers Silent and Invisable. My hats off to all of you for giving credit to these fine men. I cant wait to see them in action for myself!

Hartzveiw, loved your point about how the dog found the wildabeest and the the hunter could finish him, some PHs are to quick to shoot and not let the client finish the job!

Jeff with Hartzivew we always try to give the clients a chance to finish their own animals as it is their safari that they are paying for and not the PH's free for all to shoot.... When necessary we do HAVE to shoot from time to time but we always try our best to have the client finish his own animal. The 2 dogs certainly make it much easier with this and I will say 99% of the time the client get the chance to finish his own animal which is much more rewarding for us and the client himself!

A lot of really cool pictures. Thanks for sharing them and the stories. I think it's great you guys truly do appreciate the folks whom you work with on a daily basis. Good job to all of you, shows your true character.

Zulu Tracker/Skinner/Driver/ awesome hunter Robert Mdlolo--been with me since 1997.

full

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross