Egan36

AH senior member
Reaction score
Website
www.nkwesafarisbotswana.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Im getting ready to book my second safari to south Africa. I have it narrowed down to 2 outfitters. One is in Limpopo and one is in Northwest Province. Both are priced relatively close and both had excellent reviews. The question I have is How do I make the decision on which to choose? I am really torn between the two. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Im getting ready to book my second safari to south Africa. I have it narrowed down to 2 outfitters. One is in Limpopo and one is in Northwest Province. Both are priced relatively close and both had excellent reviews. The question I have is How do I make the decision on which to choose? I am really torn between the two. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

One suggestion would be to go where the animals on your list have historically been naturally occurring. There's a significant difference in the terrain between those two areas and thus their more native species. Just a thought.

As Phoenix stated above, let the trophies that you want help decide. Also ask if you will have to travel to other ranches to hunt certain species on your list or if they are all available on the one ranch you choose. If you need to travel how far and for which species.

To me it is what makes hunting in south africa so hard.So many great outfits and ph's who try so hard to make your dreams come true.I go to different areas each trip and not because I did not enjoy the hunt before.I want to see the other areas so that normally means going with someone new each trip.

Depending how long your going you could spilt the trip between the two.I do one 10 day and one 7 day and hit up two different areas with two different outfits.

If not look at who has a different animal maybe you want to try for that the other may not have.

If you have them rated the same then maybe a good old flip of the coin maybe the ticket.

All things being equal, I like the Limpopo Province the best.

Matt

What are you hunting?
What attracted you to these two in the first place?
(besides what you have stated already.)

Go with the one who thinks he can keep up with you, drinking after the hunt, then prove him wrong....

Go with the one who thinks he can keep up with you, drinking after the hunt, then prove him wrong....

You were at SCI to long with Mike. :)

You were at SCI to long with Mike. :)

If Egan is torn between the two, alcohol consumption is a better solution than flipping a coin...;)

Guess I should be serious once in a while, I would recommend Egan goes with the company who has the best selection if animals he is after. But if the outfitter doesn't drink, then go with the other guy.

How's that Brick? :draught:

Thanks for all the replies. I will be hunting Kudu, red hartebeest, black wildebeest, blesbok and Zebra. My Uncle will be hunting blue wildebeest, blesbok and Nyala. And my wife will be going as an observer.

Did you call any references ? You can get a better feel by actually talking with others about your choices .
Glen

Good place to ask questions Egan36.

Who offers more for the wife if she wants to shop or site see etc? How about accommodations?

I have been to both provinces with stellar results. If you are not a trophy hunter and I see your list is not out of the ordinary you won't go wrong either place. If you are looking for exceptional animals then I recommend NWP and discuss it with your PH.

Just enjoy yourself.

"A dream can be relived, again and again in Africa."

or you could send me to hunt with both places and then take my advice on which was best.
I wouldn't charge you for my "work", as long as you paid the expenses.

Thanks for all the replies. I will be hunting Kudu, red hartebeest, black wildebeest, blesbok and Zebra. My Uncle will be hunting blue wildebeest, blesbok and Nyala. And my wife will be going as an observer.

With that list i would lean towards the northwest area.I would just check to see what size and qty. of nyala the northwest guy has on his place.

Nyala is a beautiful trophy! As billc stated above, I would have conversations with both outfitters regarding quality and numbers of Nyala on their property. I would assume this is your number one priority trophy and you want to make sure you are in the best area for it.

Black Wildebeest in the Limpopo ????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genihi4888

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg