Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA Canada, RSA, Argentina, Namibia/Caprivi
Hello everyone, I watched Death By Double Rifle this weekend and I want a double rifle even more than I already did. This is a pretty good video and all of the game taken, both dangerous and plains game is taken with double rifles. There is a disclaimer at the first of the video letting people know that this is a blood and guts video and boy does it live up to it. I probably would not want a non-hunter or first timer to see this video, but it is real life hunting and things do not always go perfectly. One thing that came to mind while watching this video is the old saying “it’s not what you hit them with, but where you hit them” as they had some long chases after hitting plains game a little too far back with a .470 Nitro Express. This video also shows the extreme toughness of African game with buffalo being shot to pieces and still wanting to fight. Doubles from .375 H&H to .577 Nitro Express were used to take everything from leopard to elephant. In one extraordinary scene they have three leopard at the same bait tree at the same time in the daylight. There are other exciting scenes’ such as a mass charge by a herd of elephants that the PH is forced to shoot their way out of. This video goes along at a very fast pace and almost seems like one kill scene after another and that’s too bad because it misses a lot of what makes Africa great. Overall this is a very good video with many dangerous game animals as well as some very nice plains game species taken.

hunting-videos-dbdrs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jaustin,

Just waiting to receive my copy from The Bigbore, waiting eagerly , as big bores are addictive to fire off your shoulder, hope u agree ???

Monish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RXQLela937

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber