Dealing with Anti-Hunter Attacks as a Female Hunter

I've noticed this as well. It seems women are targets for this much more than men, which is crazy since so many of these anti-hunters also claim to be 'feminists'. Recently Eva Shockey was the victim of considerable threats and vulgar comments from anti-hunters.

I think the best thing is for hunters to stick together. Too often I'll see hunters sniping at each other on social media, especially the 'meat hunters' criticizing the 'trophy hunters'. To this I'll say the antis don't give a flip what your motivation is for hunting, they want to outlaw all of it, so we either stand together or allow the antis and their allies in the media to cut us up.

Fellow AH'ers.
I have come to the conclusion that the anti's are simply not just making it difficult for hunters because they hate hunting, but that it goes a lot deeper than that.
I have watched some of their pages, groups etc. for a while now, and see a trend in their arguments. It's simply not all about hunting, believe it or not. The way they attack fellow anti's for the most tiny reasons, and the arguments they use, and I'm speaking on a completely non-hunting topic, all made it very clear.
These are not people, who go out of their way just because they hate hunting, but its a psychological issue. The hate they show, even towards their fellow anti's for taking a photo wrong, the way someone acted while driving through the KNP etc. just comes to show that
this is a specific type of individual, all with the same mental issue.

I do believe their is a mental health issue in the US and globally. Their is no way to determine if someone has a mental illness unless the symptoms are extreme. Many mild cases could be helped or undiagnosed bad cases can be helped. I think a test needs to be formulated that your regular pediatrician tests you for say every 5 years during your regular yearly check up appointment. This way those with issues can be identified and given the proper treatment; if its therapy, medicine, etc. I'm no doctor or genius so I have zero ideas on how the test would work/be administered but it feels necessary. Just like we get our eyes, teeth, and normal health checked yearly I think checking mental health every 5 years would be good. If it could be a test that is like 30 minutes long and doesn't have to give an accurate diagnostic just a way to clear some and alert the doctor if more testing is needed or what the person has.

Some Doctors might enjoy declaring people who hunt as "mentally unstable
I do believe their is a mental health issue in the US and globally. Their is no way to determine if someone has a mental illness unless the symptoms are extreme. Many mild cases could be helped or undiagnosed bad cases can be helped. I think a test needs to be formulated that your regular pediatrician tests you for say every 5 years during your regular yearly check up appointment. This way those with issues can be identified and given the proper treatment; if its therapy, medicine, etc. I'm no doctor or genius so I have zero ideas on how the test would work/be administered but it feels necessary. Just like we get our eyes, teeth, and normal health checked yearly I think checking mental health every 5 years would be good. If it could be a test that is like 30 minutes long and doesn't have to give an accurate diagnostic just a way to clear some and alert the doctor if more testing is needed or what the person has.

Some Doctors might declare hunters as "mentally unstable" ?

Gents,
Like in many cases its difficult to express yourself or make the point clear from a keyboard. The point I'm trying to make, is that I believe these specific type of individuals carry so much hate, that they will even attack their fellow anti's. If this is the case for an individual, then you have ZERO chance of reasoning with that person regarding hunting.

If they can't love others alike, how will they ever deal with hunters?
It's not possible.

Some Doctors might declare hunters as "mentally unstable" ?

Velo, I met my GP many years ago......when we did the PH course together.:D He even took over the lecture on medical emergencies. The PH school instructors just sat back. So, I think I'm covered.
When you walk into his office, there is a 20" stack of African Outfitter Magazine on his desk for people to read while they wait for him....

Needless to say, we take the entire 15min when I go for a check up. 13min hunting chat, 2 min check up.

Gents,
Like in many cases its difficult to express yourself or make the point clear from a keyboard. The point I'm trying to make, is that I believe these specific type of individuals carry so much hate, that they will even attack their fellow anti's. If this is the case for an individual, then you have ZERO chance of reasoning with that person regarding hunting.

If they can't love others alike, how will they ever deal with hunters?
It's not possible.

Velo, I met my GP many years ago......when we did the PH course together.:D He even took over the lecture on medical emergencies. The PH school instructors just sat back. So, I think I'm covered.
When you walk into his office, there is a 20" stack of African Outfitter Magazine on his desk for people to read while they wait for him....

Needless to say, we take the entire 15min when I go for a check up. 13min hunting chat, 2 min check up.

KMG,

You are blessed to have a Medical Doctor who also sees himself as human.

I presume most of them do but some see themselves as extremely elite and quite special, compared to us "common working folk", (you know........"morons").

For many years the US Surgeon General (C. Everett Koop ) was this floppy wristed nut, with an anger problem and deep seated hatred for gun owners specifically, to of course include but not limited to, even hunters who use a firearm to help feed their family.

He was regularly appearing on television here to rant about how people should not have guns, and all the rest of that Nazi-esque nonsense.

Fortunately, not all US Doctors were in love with his speeches, during those dark years but some were.

I have dumped a family doctor who had the nerve to ask me if I kept a firearm in my home and how I kept it secure from my children.

I told him he should have also asked me about water features at my house (pool, creek, pond, lake, etc), my automobile seatbelt status, and if I keep cleaning products locked up.

I told him that my comments stemmed from the FBI statistics, indicating that for every child killed or harmed in the USA via a firearm, many drowned and many more were from car crashes, many more poisoned via household cleaning products.

He replied that The Government was sponsoring the gun questions and I retorted that he needed to grow a back bone and tell the Government to kiss his ass, like I do.

We then found another Doctor, such as the one you mentioned (great minds think alike).

My Doctor keeps Outdoor Life magazines and some Military Surplus Catalogues in his waiting room magazine racks, (as well as the typical boring magazines about the Hollywood celebrities and other nonsense magazines for the dullards that he has to see as well).

My best Christmas/Holiday Regards,
Velo Dog.

……………..

That makes me laugh. I just did one of those appointments with my GP the other day.

This is the closest they can come to having mounts on the wall in their office!
12938_a.jpg

Last edited:
Marius has a very valid point. The foul message I received that made me want to make this post.....if that creature had approached me in such a way here in the U.S......he would be on his way to being listed (if not already listed) as a Sex Offender. And I can promise you, I would have sought every legal means to go after him before he did it to another female. No woman or child should ever be attacked that way. Its nothing less than perversion.

These attacks, IMO, have less to do with the hunting issue then with some very sick individuals who found some outlet to vent their illnesses. I, too, have watched and learned from the social media attacks against hunters since 2011. I had never even heard of an anti-hunter until then. It was when I first joined these social media sites. Normal, healthy, reasonably thinking individuals may be very very passionate about their cause (as I am about my own), but they will find ways that are legal and respectful to support those causes and to win their battles. Not assault others with vulgarity, libel, slander, and threats of harm who hold to opposing views. People who use such methods need serious counseling, if not psychiatric help. These creatures have grandiose ideas about their level of power in the world. And the internet seems to boost and inflate their fragile egos as they hide behind their computer screens. What bravado.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross